DSC Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSC Integration

I have a PowerSeries 1616, and have seen the various DSC plugins that require the IT100. I also noticed the Envisalink plugin option. A few quick questions:

- I currently have an ipDataTel BAT device hooked up to my network. I was going to write a plugin, but wasn't able to reverse engineer how to communicate with the device (uses SSL). Has anyone been able to use this?
    - What are the pros/cons of the IT100 vs the Envisalink?
    - If I get the IT100 and hook it up to a serial to IP converter, will the HS or Blade plugins still work?

Thanks!

for pros/cons of the IT100 vs the Envisalink see this post:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...10&postcount=4

Comment

I've reading envisalink since you posted that last week snd I think envisalink offers a bit more than IT100(dsc) or AD2USB(ademco).
      With Homeseer they may all have the same level of control. The envisalink option gives you complete remote access your security panel even if Homeseer is down(freezes, etc). This is a big plus to the envisalink. Also like their $9/mo remote monitoring(optional). I just bought the envisalink and am gonna use it without Homeseer till the ademco plugin comes about. A great device!

Tom
      Tom
      baby steps...starting again with HS3
      HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
      HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
      Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
      In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
      System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Working...
      X