Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing support for Fibaro and Qubino relays and very poor customer support response

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing support for Fibaro and Qubino relays and very poor customer support response

I do have a few Fibaro and Qubino 2 x 1.5kW modules. They work very well with Vera, so I was shocked when they didnt work properly with HS3. I contacted customer support about the issue (both relays turning on when one of them is turned on for example). After a few mails regarding the issue I got this final email from customer support:

Response:
    Unfortunately this is a product that we do not carry or have been able to test, so I would have to recommend that you contact Fibaro customer support. They can be reached here: http://www.fibaro.com/uk/contact-us

This is the sort of response I would expect from Vera support, not from Homeseer !

Very disappointing.

R U for real? WOW
    Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
    | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
    Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
    BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Maybe this :http://www.homeseer.com/compatible-products.html may help

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I have a few Fibaro 2 X 1.5KW and they work fine with Homeseer giving the correct status when operated via the switches. I believe it is the newer firmware that has broken things again.

In HST defence, it must be very difficult to keep testing every z-wave device each time the manufacturer changes firmware. In addition, the Fibaro brand is predominately European with limited product range in the US.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          I had not seen it, that lists both as compatible. I will get in touch with Fibaro and Qubino, but not sure if that will achieve anything. If enough people complain to Homeseer and Fibaro, maybe that will achieve something, that was my reason for the post. But as @Eman said, they are very common (and really good) in Europe.
          The Qubinos have the same behaviour though. They are very similar products, with the only difference in function Qubinos have power metering.
          Last edited by mikee123; June 17, 2016, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            I had not seen it, that lists both as compatible. I will get in touch with Fibaro and Qubino, but not sure if that will achieve anything. If enough people complain to Homeseer and Fibaro, maybe that will achieve something, that was my reason for the post. But as @Eman said, they are very common (and really good) in Europe.
            The Qubinos have the same behaviour though. They are very similar products, with the only difference in function Qubinos have power metering.
            This is quite a longstanding issue with the Fibaro units not playing correctly, if you search around you will find a number of posts about it and possible workarounds. I think the long and short of it is that a previous firmware for the Fibaro unit was faulty, so Rick made a workaround in the HS plugin for it. Then Fibaro fixed it but the old workaround is still in the plugin, so whilst they should behave they now don't behave because of the old bits in the plugin. HS are caught in the middle a bit because removing that old bits will cause people with older units to break but people with newer units will get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              This is quite a longstanding issue with the Fibaro units not playing correctly, if you search around you will find a number of posts about it and possible workarounds. I think the long and short of it is that a previous firmware for the Fibaro unit was faulty, so Rick made a workaround in the HS plugin for it. Then Fibaro fixed it but the old workaround is still in the plugin, so whilst they should behave they now don't behave because of the old bits in the plugin. HS are caught in the middle a bit because removing that old bits will cause people with older units to break but people with newer units will get it working.
              I can see that its not really Homeseers fault. Still, I do rely on these modules so need them to work properly. Strange the same behaviour on the Fibaros and the Qubinios. But I guess they are quite similar. I will try to search on the forum to see what possible workarounds there are, but I do struggle getting decent results with the search function on the forum but that's another problem. In the meantime I have emailed Fibaro and Qubino. See if anything comes back from them. Will post it here if there is any response.

Comment

What is the software version indicated on the rear of the module. I own a quibino double relaid with S5 and that is working fine. I did have the same issue as you with former versions

---
                John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know. If its not raining this weekend I can try and have a look (they are built in waterproof boxes in the garden). But I have bought them 2 or 3 months ago, so they should be a relatively new firmware. They are the Plus version, so zwave+ certified. If I have a lower firmware I can still send them back and swap for a newer firmware version if they then work ok. I was slowly swapping my Fibaros over to Qubino as they have the power metering.

Comment

I think you have one of the older versions, as the latest version is available for approximately 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169323 is worth looking at.
                      Can I also suggest not to mix brands but if you have to then let relays be of one brand and the dimmers of the other. For relays you could also use Arduino (http://www.forward.com.au/pfod/HomeA...lay/index.html). Though they may seem untidy. That can not put you off. There are all sorts of DIN RAIL mountable relays and brackets for Arduino products so you can have a professional job done in an electrical control box. How to do the HomeSeer control remotely to your devices outside you house? (http://www.freetronics.com.au/collec...t#.V2PRohNy7w1). That one is the daddy! Having a mixiture of products will save you having headaches like having a clogged up Z-wave network. I know you may be collecting data but if the energy cost is collected at the mains in then that to me may seem enough. Arduino like anyother product connected to HomeSeer will work as long as the system is work OK.

Sorry for putting you abit off topic but I hope that may help.

Eman.
                      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

You have a link to arduino controlled relays in a DIN-package ?

Comment

I m always happy for suggestions, its always good getting new ideas even if they do not work. In my case I need the small modules as there are space restrictions, and most of them (except for 1) are all outside in waterproof boxes. I started looking at Arduino when I was still on my Vera, but because of all the problems I had with Vera never really had the time to look at them. All the Arduinos are still packed away in a box... At the moment I am trying to get my system to do what it did before with Vera, and luckily I'm nearly there. Need some more time writing my heating and AC logic, and include a few more devices.
                          Not mixing brands, ideally I would then replace my remaining Fibaros with Qubinos. I am going to check the software version over the weekend, I've already contacted my supplier to find out what version he has to possibly replace the Fibaros but need to do more research here. At the moment my setup is sort of working but I want to get it to work properly.

Comment

By all accounts I would not read too much into the fact that device x is certified and HS is certified, if you read some posts by sooty you will find that he did some looking into the certification process and it is not what it is cracked up to be.

I have the Qubino dimmer modules that are useful (LED dimming etc) but the S1/S2 inputs do not work (I was intending on using them to set a scene off), a bug has existed for some time and HS have had it in their bug DB for 13 months now. Unfortunately for understandable reasons anything EU wise can get a bit of a back seat.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                              I will try to search on the forum to see what possible workarounds there are, but I do struggle getting decent results with the search function on the forum but that's another problem.

Yes, the forum search is useless. Use Google:

Site:board.homeseer.com keyword1 keyword2 keyword3

Etc etc.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

Working...
                              X