www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > Z-Seer+

Z-Seer+ Discussions about Z-Seer+ Z-Wave Network Diagnostics Software

Old June 6th, 2017, 05:35 AM
OverSeer

Great tool Mark
I would 80% of my nodes communicate directly with the controller and using the tool I was able to get the remaining nodes to 1 hop
Old June 6th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Super Seer

Z-Seer+ Now Released!

So we have to update the zwave plugin to make this work? I am still on .87 because all the betas have failed for me on latency and currently my system just works.

I really wanted this, but have concerns about the latency that others and I have been seeing in the betas the past few months. Many forum posts about it, but no concern from HS on this in any of those posts.
Old June 6th, 2017, 08:37 AM
OverSeer

.124 still has intermittent excessive Z-Wave delays. My motion controls are all hard wired PIR. This morning my basement lights took a full 15 seconds to come on after motion was detected. The log shows the motion triggered event which had the action to turn the lights on, then shows the lights turning on 15 seconds later. Motion sensor and MiniMote controlled lighting are the two functions where this delay is really noticeable and we have these longer delays at least a couple of times a day.

The one frustration is that the delays are random - they can be practically nonexistent or long like I noted above. The other frustration is the ammunition these delays give other household members to pick on the idea of automation.

I have been experiencing intermittent delays for a very long time, including with .87, but it does seem like all the latest betas have these spells of much longer delays. I have been totally unsuccessful finding anything that is associated with these delays such as excessive CPU, excessive memory, longer queues shown in the plug-in, etc. When the system is really busy the response can be almost instant, or like this morning the system can be practically idle with longer Z-Wave delays. I have disabled energy reporting on several dozen devices and Z-Wave polling and still have experienced delays.

I have three separate Z-Wave networks each with a Z-Net controller and the delays can affect any of the networks, two of which have 100% direct communication and only about 10-12 devices.

"Do or do not, there is no try"
-Yoda

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old June 6th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Seer Deluxe

Question

I ran into the same odd behavior of it telling me to install .124, yet the plugin interface shows no update beyond .87.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macromark View Post
We make small changes to the plug-in and release it as a beta for a time... until we're happy that no big issues have arisen. Then it goes to full release and the cycle starts again. I can't remember the last time I was actually running a released version! Ya... it's not a big risk.
Risk or no risk it's awkward at best to release a generally available product that costs money (for non-Pro users), then tie it to a beta pre-requisite. I'd really suggest officially shipping .124 if that's the pre-req for new tool. There's no way my own release managers would let me ship a product in this fashion.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Seer

No Hops and No Blue Lines

I dont see any letter "D"s or any Hop Counts

I also dont get any blue lines between the nodes when i select them?

Whats up??

(I have the .net and the .124 beta update)
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by barto View Post
I dont see any letter "D"s or any Hop Counts

Whats up??

(I have the .net and the .124 beta update)
Did you double click on the node to select it?
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Seer Plus

This looks like a pretty neat tool! One thing I noticed in the docs is:

Quote:
A red node block represents a non-battery powered node that could not be successfully scanned when Z-Seer+ launched. In some cases, the node may not be currently powered on. This can easily happen with plug-in modules or smart bulbs. Check your network for this possibility, correct and relaunch Z-Seer+. If you still have red node blocks, those nodes may have been intentionally or accidentally removed from the network but not deleted from the controller or they may have become defective. You can remove these nodes from Z-Seer+ by first removing them from HS3. Use the Remove Bad Node function on the device configuration page as shown below. Then re-include the node into HS3 and launch Z-Seer+ again.
More than half my nodes are red blocks. There are a few that are nodes that I have turned off but not removed from the network, but the vast majority of these red blocks (about 60 of them at current count) work just fine.

Is there a way to re-scan or otherwise resolve the red blocks without removing and re-including them on the network?

Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like my z-wave2.db was a mess. Shutdown, delete z-wave2.db, restart. Now all gray blocks. BTW: it really does take 4 Optimize Cycles and 4 Full Optimization cycles to totally rebuild the mapping table in a device. I had a sensor that insisted on taking 4 hops (through three devices that were all directly connected to the controller) to get to the controller. Had to do the 4 cycle dance to get it to 1 hop (my network is a size that nothing should require more than 1 hop to get to the controller, except for 1 or 2 outdoor devices).

Last edited by ian351c; June 6th, 2017 at 10:45 AM.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian351c View Post
Did you double click on the node to select it?
Yes, Double clicked the node, no blue lines!! (any ideas?)

The box gets the red outline when i double click it.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
One of my nodes, at least that I have noticed so far, showed no route as well even though I know it is working normally. I optimized it and then the route showed itself.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp508 View Post
I ran into the same odd behavior of it telling me to install .124, yet the plugin interface shows no update beyond .87.

Risk or no risk it's awkward at best to release a generally available product that costs money (for non-Pro users), then tie it to a beta pre-requisite. I'd really suggest officially shipping .124 if that's the pre-req for new tool. There's no way my own release managers would let me ship a product in this fashion.

Though I agree with what you are saying about releases, I really don't want any of the zwave betas made to general release until HS gets the delay issue sorted out.
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:00 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:

Go into HS3, access the Z-Wave node info page and look at the "Last working route" field for each node. If the last working route is "none", Z-Wave won't be able to show route lines and won't know how many hops those nodes need.

website | products | support | youtube
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:25 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Support for multiple Z-Nets will be added later, its actually a big job and we wanted to get something out quickly.

If you are not seeing any hops, go to the node info page in the Z-Wave plugin and look at the "last working route" entry, is there anything there? If there is, and no hops display in Z-Seer, post what you are seeing there. I suspect the entry is blank. That info comes from the controller and for some reason the controller does not always report the route, not sure why. You could try a power cycle on the controller.

Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.124 is released, so you don't have to use a Beta.

As for delays, I have yet to experience them, so hard to troubleshoot. I did add a timeout setting to the Z-Wave config page (click on the plugin name on the plugins page). You might try reducing that number and see if there is any change. Also, there is a setting there to disable polling globally, try turning off polling to see if that is involved. And on that same page, the queues are displayed, see if they ever show any value other than 0. This would indicate that traffic is higher than Z-Wave can handle.

Old June 6th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnorton View Post
Got it installed. Only found controller and three nodes, should have found 18 nodes. My system is fully optimized and not having any problems.

UPDATE: Unregistered version only shows 4 nodes. I registered and it works fine.
Me, too, but if you register the product go out and come back in..... it will probably be working OK....

Enabled Plug-Ins:
  • 2.0.47.0: BLBackup
  • 2.0.22.0: BLUPS
  • 1.2.2.0: Device History
  • 3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
  • 3.0.0.40 Easy Trigger
  • 3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
  • 3.0.1.90: PHLocation
  • 3.0.6331.36036: UltraCID3
  • 3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
  • 3.0.6542.26784: UltraMon3
  • 3.0.0.76: weatherXML
  • 3.0.1.152: Z-Wave
  • 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer
  • 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:27 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post

Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.124 is released, so you don't have to use a Beta.
Not seeing this..... I had to load the beta....

Enabled Plug-Ins:
  • 2.0.47.0: BLBackup
  • 2.0.22.0: BLUPS
  • 1.2.2.0: Device History
  • 3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
  • 3.0.0.40 Easy Trigger
  • 3.0.0.104: HSTouch Server
  • 3.0.1.90: PHLocation
  • 3.0.6331.36036: UltraCID3
  • 3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
  • 3.0.6542.26784: UltraMon3
  • 3.0.0.76: weatherXML
  • 3.0.1.152: Z-Wave
  • 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer
  • 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehead99 View Post
Though I agree with what you are saying about releases, I really don't want any of the zwave betas made to general release until HS gets the delay issue sorted out.

Yet releasing this software forces the (possible) delays upon customers. I can see the Catch-22 you're in, however there may be a middle-ground you can use.

The requirements list makes no mention of the specific Z-Wave plug-in version. Normally that wouldn't be a problem as you'd expect people to be up to date on released versions. Perhaps add an item to the list stating the beta plug-in is required for use and link to the forum post for .124 (is there one?). At least then you give the consumer the chance to educate themselves and determine whether or not they want to accept the pre-req before they've paid money for it. As it stands right now there's no way for them to know, unless perhaps they download/use the trial beforehand and don't jump right to purchase.

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/h...nt=40806589324

I'm debating whether or not I want to roll back now after playing with the new tool for a bit this morning.
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:39 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp508 View Post
The requirements list makes no mention of the specific Z-Wave plug-in version.
Sorry, my fault on that. This has been added to the product pages.

Old June 6th, 2017, 11:02 AM
OverSeer

Quote:

You need to right click on the node and then select the option to show the route.
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Seer Deluxe

I have upgraded the Z-wave plugin, but I get these messages and no nodes showing. Restarted HS3 and reinstalled Zseer+

Any ideas?
Attached Images

Old June 6th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by macromark View Post
Sorry, my fault on that. This has been added to the product pages.
<thumbs up>
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:24 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
You need to right click on the node and then select the option to show the route.
Al - double-click does the same thing. FYI