www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer and Google Home

HomeSeer and Google Home Discussions related to using HomeSeer with the Google Home device

Old November 18th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Seer Plus

No locks showing up?

I can understand the debate here if it was intentional, but why not let us decide?
Old November 19th, 2017, 12:37 AM
OverSeer

What exactly are you asking here? Currently only on/off/dimmable devices are supported natively.
Old November 19th, 2017, 12:54 AM
Seer Plus

When you say natively, does that mean there's a way to show door locks on Google home are alternatively?
Old November 20th, 2017, 04:56 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannieboiz View Post
When you say natively, does that mean there's a way to show door locks on Google home are alternatively?
That means you need to mickey a way if you want it to work as google home doesn't allow door lock devices. There might be more then one way to do this, but I would make a virtual on/off button and name it door lock, then use events or other options to link them together. Now your virtual light switch will show up in google home.

I still don't think GH will respond to unlock and lock if it's not natively supported commands in GH.
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
That means you need to mickey a way if you want it to work as google home doesn't allow door lock devices. There might be more then one way to do this, but I would make a virtual on/off button and name it door lock, then use events or other options to link them together. Now your virtual light switch will show up in google home.

I still don't think GH will respond to unlock and lock if it's not natively supported commands in GH.
I think a virtual switch may do the trick
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I think a virtual switch may do the trick
You good on making a virtual switch? No plugin needed unlike Vera days.
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
You good on making a virtual switch? No plugin needed unlike Vera days.
I wouldn't say I'm good but I've successfully created a couple specifically for the garage opener and gate opener.

I think I might be able to do the same thing for the lock except for one Goofy work around. Open close is going to be on and off
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Seer Plus

btw: the gate/garage is easier since it's a one button activity, so I can simply issue "Ok Google, Activate Garage" and it'll do just that.

The there's a way for us to say Lock/Unlock with it, I'm game.
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I wouldn't say I'm good but I've successfully created a couple specifically for the garage opener and gate opener.

I think I might be able to do the same thing for the lock except for one Goofy work around. Open close is going to be on and off
You should be good.

I mean you can chnage that on the homeseer side, but GH side I'm sure you can do anything about it.

On the Homeseer side go in the virtual device and click the Status graphics tab, Rename the status to locked and unlocked. You will probley have to leave the control by set to on/off (you chould change it but then it probley won't show up in GH like the orginal lock) On the bottom you can also change images for the locked and unlocked.
Old November 20th, 2017, 06:54 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
You should be good.

I mean you can chnage that on the homeseer side, but GH side I'm sure you can do anything about it.

On the Homeseer side go in the virtual device and click the Status graphics tab, Rename the status to locked and unlocked. You will probley have to leave the control by set to on/off (you chould change it but then it probley won't show up in GH like the orginal lock) On the bottom you can also change images for the locked and unlocked.
I actually have control use set as lock/unlock but google home still thing it's an on/off device.
Old November 21st, 2017, 10:17 AM
Seer Deluxe

I set up a Shortcut under the More Settings option in the Home App on my phone and now my Home Mini will accept all of the following to open/close the garage door:
  • "...Open the garage door."
  • "...close the garage door."
  • "...open the pod bay door." (because I couldn't resist, Dave)

When I had to reload devices, these still held since they just change one bit of text to another bit. They all are shortcuts for "turn on the garage door." The only part that the picky guy in me wishes was different was the response, which is normally "You got it, turning on the garage door."

Karl S