X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run-time error '5' on version 3.1.3

Bryan,

I've just got around to upgrading to 3.1.3 to have a play with these AVI captures but am experiencing some problems.
    After upgrading, I selected CapConfig to check the settings and immediately get the errorbox titled "hspi_hauppauge_capture" with the error "Run-time error '5': Invalid procedure call or argument". If I OK this box, I then get the usual config screen with 4 tabs although a lot of the fields are incomplete, some with no labels and some with no content.
    No entries are displayed in the security or camera zone tabs.
    I've looked through previous posts but cannot see anyone else hitting this problem. I checked I had the upto date RICHTX32.OCX file and that's ok.
    HS also restarts the plugins after entering CapConfig, stating that "I/O Interface is down, restarting"

Any suggestions of where to look?
    For info, I upgraded from 3.0.16 and am running on XP Pro.
    Thanks,
    JimBob

Some more information.

One of the motion sensors just triggered which resulted in the following entries in the log:
    23/03/2004 20:33:27~!~X10 Received~!~M15 (Outside Front Door Motion) M On

23/03/2004 20:33:29~!~CaptureUtility Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the CapPreview-Form_Load() function/subroutine: [5 - Invalid procedure call or argument]

23/03/2004 20:33:30~!~CaptureUtility Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the ResetCameraConfig(CamBrightness- 127) function/subroutine: [5 - Invalid procedure call or argument]

23/03/2004 20:33:31~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~tmCaptureImage - Starting AVI capture for 15 seconds - D:\HomeSeer\html\AVI\Outside Front Door Camera_2004-03-23_20-33-31.avi

23/03/2004 20:33:32~!~CaptureUtility Info~!~Snapping Image set 1 for Outside Front Door Camera D:\HomeSeer\html\Capture\Door\Door_2004-03-23_20-33-31.jpg

23/03/2004 20:33:32~!~CaptureUtility Error~!~An unexpected error occured in the tmCaptureImage_Timer() function/subroutine: [1000 - Error '5' in SaveFrameJPG!]

23/03/2004 20:33:32~!~Hauppauge Capture Info~!~oCapture_CaptureError - shuting down utilities - Retry Count is 0

Thanks,
    JimBob

Comment

Do you have more than one capture card installed? I have seen this error when multiple capture cards are detected and the plugin is assuming the first capture card is to be used but often the default settings cause this error. I have to put additional error checks in the CapPreview to avoid these problems.
      Bryan
      (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Got further. I deleted the ini file in the HS config directory and re-started. Although I've lost all my configuration, I can now get into the CapConfig setup pages to reconfigure it.

Cheers,
        JimBob

Comment

No, only one capture card.
          After re-configuring the cameras and settings, it seems to be working ok now (I'll leave the streaming until tomorrow now - it's late!). One thing that threw me is once I deleted the ini file and let the plugin create a new one, it set "Add Brightness" to 127 so all my captures were plain white. Spent some time until I spotted it, messing about with my capture card drivers!
          Anyway, back up and running now. I will have a go at the AVI capturing later this week.
          Thanks,
          JimBob

Comment

Good to hear it's running (so far). I'll check that default add brightness value. I noticed that on my system it uses a value of 5000 for new cameras - way to high. Not sure how I messed that one up but I sure did.
            Bryan
            (Config is in my profile)

Comment

Working...
            X