www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer UPB Plug-In (Beta)

HomeSeer UPB Plug-In (Beta) Discussion area for HomeSeer's UPB Plug-In

Old May 9th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Seer Plus

Feature request - fade rate

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to add an API (even if only callable from a script) to control the fade rate of a UPB on/off command.

I am trying to mimic behavior I had in my ELK where I had "Set light xx to 65%, Fade rate = x"

Thanks,
Mike
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:09 AM
OverSeer

The fade rate can be set using UpStart. AFAIK the HS plug-in is designed to work with, but not duplicate UpStart features.

PS. Does the Elk actually allow you to control fade rate on UPB by event? I wonder why?

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10:
Compose, XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Seer Plus

Thanks for the feedback - Yes, you can set the fade rate in UPStart - that is the fade rate when you press the local control.

I admit this is an esoteric use, but the behavior I had previously was:

- 'Default' fade rate was set in upstart that was the normal (in my case, fast) fade rate.
- When I controlled the device with a 'rule' I had specified a different fade rate. In the example I had the foyer lights turn off with a very slow (30 second) fade at night.

I know I could do this by defining a link - just wondering if there was some way to do it without the link.