www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer UPB Plug-In (Beta)

HomeSeer UPB Plug-In (Beta) Discussion area for HomeSeer's UPB Plug-In

Old May 20th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Seer Master

UPB plug-in issue

The PI status says:
WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UPB - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
REstarting the plug-in doesn't seem to do the trick. Any thoughts?
Old May 20th, 2015, 08:15 AM
OverSeer

What hardware are you running on?
What OS are you running?
What version of HS3?
This Warning means the plugin can not find your UPB interface.
Old May 20th, 2015, 09:58 AM
Seer Master

HS 3 Version 3.0.0.163 is running on a HomeTroller series 4 with a serial PIM on COM4. I had some trouble accessing the PIM earlier, but UPstart has no trouble now. Also, if I click for the UPB config page I get this:

Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Pete
Old May 20th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Seer Master

UPBSpud seems to work okay and has no trouble communicating with the PIM. Maybe I should just use that.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:09 AM
OverSeer

I've had no issues with using both of the plugins (Homeseer 3 and Spud's) on Ubuntu Linux 64bit.

I have been going very slow with my HS3Pro build on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit.

Quote:
The PI status says:
WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from UPB - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
REstarting the plug-in doesn't seem to do the trick. Any thoughts?
Once it is configured then you will not see that message any more.

The Homeseer one is new and may need to be tweaked as it was released only a few weeks ago.

Spud's UPB plugin has a bit more features.

Tested the Homeseer UPB plugin this afternoon on one USB to Serial device on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit.

It works fine but has a couple of gotcha's

1 - in Linux a dropdown box for the configured port not enabled would be a nice to have feature
2 - The plugin does not show up under plugin manager but does show up under the main plugins page.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT

Last edited by Pete; May 23rd, 2015 at 05:35 PM.