HS-WD100+ - no firmware update option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD100+ - no firmware update option?

I have a HS-WD100+ dimmer switch installed in my network. I believe it currently has firmware v 5.14, and I was looking to update it. However, I don't have the "firmware update" option on the z-wave page.

I'm selecting the root node (control device) and I do see the "settings" options. My installation is a HomeSeer SmartStick+ plugged into a linux machine running "HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.313 (Linux)" and I've tried with z-wave plug-ins 3.0.1.130 and 3.0.1.136.

I _DO_ have firmware update options for other ZW+ devices (a door/window sensor and motion sensor) and one non-plus device (A door lock.)

Performing a "rescan" on the root node doesn't seem to do anything.

Another oddity is that on the z-wave "node information" page (/ZWaveWho), the node shows the following supported command classes: "Zwaveplus Info, Version, Unknown, Unknown, No Operation(V 0), Unknown, No Operation(V 0), Switch Toggle Multilevel, Unknown, Central Scene(V 2), Unknown, Switch All, Unknown, Central Scene(V 2), Unknown, Switch All"

(Lots of unknowns!)

That same page shows a "last working route" of "Direct (40K)" (not 100K like other ZW+ devices.)

I tried pulling the air-gap on the switch for a few seconds and then pushing it back in (and then doing another rescan) in hopes that it'd clear up the issue, but no luck.

I've attached an image (CAPTURE.PNG) showing the z-wave node information page for this device (the root of the switch) with all sections expanded (in case any of the ID's or version numbers can help diagnose this issue.) It also shows that there's simply no "Firmware Update" section available.

Is my switch bad?

Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Files

As well, here's an image showing the device's section of "ZWaveWho"...
    Attached Files

Comment

Did you ever figure this out? I don't see the firmware update option for any of my HS-WS100+ or HS-WD100+ devices.

Comment

Reviving an old thread, but I had the same issue... no firmware update option under the root device. Lots of unknown under the node information command classes.

I tried the air gap, resetting the z-wave plugin, rebooting the zee, but nothing worked.

Eventually, I excluded and then re-included the node. That worked. Everything is back to normal with the exception that it now has a new node number & I had to re-associate all the events that referenced it.

Comment

Originally posted by B1Trash View Post
          Reviving an old thread, but I had the same issue... no firmware update option under the root device. Lots of unknown under the node information command classes.

I tried the air gap, resetting the z-wave plugin, rebooting the zee, but nothing worked.

Eventually, I excluded and then re-included the node. That worked. Everything is back to normal with the exception that it now has a new node number & I had to re-associate all the events that referenced it.
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
          X