Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.423

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
    I updated from .416 to .420 on Windows 10, and .416 was giving me no problems.

Upon first launch of .420 it sat at the launch splash page with no movement of the green bar for a couple minutes with 0% CPU and 7.2MB of memory in use.

[ATTACH]66905[/ATTACH]

I killed it and relaunched. 2nd attempt, still broken.

I rebooted the machine...

Still no change, HS3 is showing no signs of life. Anything I should check before restoring my backup of .416 I took right before updating to .420? For what it's worth my startup.txt file still shows its last modified time of Feb 14th which is the last time .416 booted. The HomeSeerLog.hsd file does shos a modified day/time of a few minutes ago, but it may be from before .420 was applied.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I updated the Linux builds to 3.0.0.420 for those that want to keep testing the latest.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181241
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the tip as this looks to have gotten me going again.

1. Copied licenses.bin from .\HomeSeer HS3\Config\ to my desktop.
        2. Re-ran .420 installer, chose repair.
        3. Launched HS3, got the expected trial message.
        4. Closed HS3
        5. Copied licenses.bin from desktop to .\HomeSeer HS3\Config\
        6. Launched HS3
        7. HS3 launched properly and seems to be all intact.

Comment

Installed 420. Installed fine and running fine. Shuts down fine. Some blade plugins are not shutting down properly (BLBackup, BLSpeech etc). Otherwise, so far so good.
          My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Thank you Rich.

Updated HS3 Pro and HS3 Lite. No issues with update.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.420 (Linux)

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.420 (Linux)
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

For the first time that I have ever noticed it, when I shutdown to upgrade, BL_Speech and BL_LAN did not shut down. Even when I killed those tasks, the mono tasks were hung, along with a few other mono tasks that I assume used to be plugins. I had to kill the HSConsole task.

Comment

So, I have only had .418 installed for about 2 days.
                . .and memory usage for HS3 is at 675MB. CPU seems to be under control still. . .around 25% for each HS3 and ZWave. Will put .420 in place tonight.

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
                Ok. So I haven't gotten .418 installed yet, but have been running pretty well with .415. Unfortunately, it appears I still have memory creep and ZWave just went down about 10 minutes ago. . .nothing suspicious in the logs. . .the previous 5 entries were just some of my plugs reporting power usage. It does appear that HS3 memory has grown to 780MB and is large enough that ZWave won't start back up. I'll put .418 in place now, but I don't think anything specific was mentioned since .415 that should make a big difference.

Code:
                Feb-19 12:07:05 AM	 	Error	Starting plug-in exe process: ApplicationName='mono', CommandLine='/usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_ZWave.exe', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Out of memory
                Feb-19 12:07:05 AM	 	Warning	I/O interface Z-Wave is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                Feb-19 12:06:47 AM	 	Info	Plugin Z-Wave with instance: has disconnected
                Feb-19 12:05:51 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Main Living Room Watts Set to 39.549 (39.549 Watts)
                Feb-19 12:05:21 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Main Living Room Watts Set to 39.586 (39.586 Watts)
                Feb-19 12:04:51 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Main Living Room Watts Set to 39.474 (39.474 Watts)
                Feb-19 12:04:21 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Main Living Room Watts Set to 39.436 (39.436 Watts)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture CPU usage 21FEB2018.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1195514

The windows log showed the following type of errors (starting at 03:57)
                  • .NET Runtime
                  • Application Error
                  • ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0 1325 None

I will send the logbook to your e-mail address.

---
                  John

Comment

I'm not a Windows user but was wondering if Windows users have the latest version of .Net for the version of Windows they use. Do Microsft normally dump it on the user as part of their security/maintenance updates or do you download it manually.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                      I'm not a Windows user but was wondering if Windows users have the latest version of .Net for the version of Windows they use. Do Microsft normally dump it on the user as part of their security/maintenance updates or do you download it manually.
                      Normally it will be installed during patch Tuesday.

---
                      John

Comment

I see you sent me the windows logs, thanks.

Looking at the log I see its the common "out of memory" error, which so far has been the result of some recurring process that uses up the memory.

I do see an ASP.NET error, not sure if that is related. By default, HS does not use asp.net, but maybe a plugin might. Do you have any plugins that have ASPX pages?

About 19 minutes earlier there was an error on HSPI_SNMPMONITOR.EXE. For now, can you disable that plugin so we can rule that out as maybe taking things down.

Also, I see log entries named "AVLogEvent", is that anti virus? If so, which one? (looks like McAfee) I hate to point fingers at AV but I know of 2 AV programs that crash .NET. So if you are not running Defender, can you disable or preferably uninstall the one you are using? That way we can rule that out.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                        [ATTACH]66947[/ATTACH]

The windows log showed the following type of errors (starting at 03:57)
                        • .NET Runtime
                        • Application Error
                        • ASP.NET 4.0.30319.0 1325 None

I will send the logbook to your e-mail address.

---
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          I see you sent me the windows logs, thanks.

Looking at the log I see its the common "out of memory" error, which so far has been the result of some recurring process that uses up the memory.

I do see an ASP.NET error, not sure if that is related. By default, HS does not use asp.net, but maybe a plugin might. Do you have any plugins that have ASPX pages?

About 19 minutes earlier there was an error on HSPI_SNMPMONITOR.EXE. For now, can you disable that plugin so we can rule that out as maybe taking things down.

Also, I see log entries named "AVLogEvent", is that anti virus? If so, which one? (looks like McAfee) I hate to point fingers at AV but I know of 2 AV programs that crash .NET. So if you are not running Defender, can you disable or preferably uninstall the one you are using? That way we can rule that out.
                          See the info below.

As I'm aware none of these PI's make use of ASPX pages. This ASP.NET error is the only one in the log since mid November 2017. I noticed in the log that the SNMP monitor is causing application errors on regular basis. However this it not cause a .NET runtime error in the past.

I will disable the SNMP PI for now. For your information this PI is running for over 3 years without any issues.

Preferably I don't want to uninstall McAfee. Disabling is an option. For now I will disable the SNMP monitor PI and monitor system stability. In case I have a crash without known root cause I will also disable McAfee.

Current Date/Time: 21/02/2018 20:26:40
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.418
                          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                          System Uptime: 0 Days 14 Hours 27 Minutes 48 Seconds
                          IP Address: 192.168.2.11
                          Number of Devices: 1324
                          Number of Events: 131
                          Available Threads: 100
                          HSTouch Enabled: True
                          Event Threads: 1
                          Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                          Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                          Device Exec Queue: 0
                          HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                          Email Send Queue: 0
                          Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender McAfee VirusScan

Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                          3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                          1.2.2.0: Device History
                          0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                          3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
                          3.0.0.1: HS iTunes
                          3.9.6431.26038: Modbus
                          3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                          2.0.0.0: SNMPMONITOR
                          3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                          3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                          3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
                          3.0.6490.28457: UltraSmartThermostat3
                          3.0.1.195: Z-Wave

Comment

My own .02, I have had many problems with McAfee in the past messing up my system and slowing it down. It may be better now, but I would feel a lot better if you could uninstall it for now just to rule it out (disabling it does not always work as it still has code installed into the OS). Personally, I would never run that software. I believe your crash might be specific to your system. I think the Windows crashes we are seeing now are due to issues with individual systems and not a broader HS3 issue.

But if you have another crash, please send me the system logs.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                            See the info below.

As I'm aware none of these PI's make use of ASPX pages. This ASP.NET error is the only one in the log since mid November 2017. I noticed in the log that the SNMP monitor is causing application errors on regular basis. However this it not cause a .NET runtime error in the past.

I will disable the SNMP PI for now. For your information this PI is running for over 3 years without any issues.

Preferably I don't want to uninstall McAfee. Disabling is an option. For now I will disable the SNMP monitor PI and monitor system stability. In case I have a crash without known root cause I will also disable McAfee.

Current Date/Time: 21/02/2018 20:26:40
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.418
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                            System Uptime: 0 Days 14 Hours 27 Minutes 48 Seconds
                            IP Address: 192.168.2.11
                            Number of Devices: 1324
                            Number of Events: 131
                            Available Threads: 100
                            HSTouch Enabled: True
                            Event Threads: 1
                            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                            Device Exec Queue: 0
                            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                            Email Send Queue: 0
                            Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender McAfee VirusScan

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            2.0.49.0: BLBackup
                            3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                            1.2.2.0: Device History
                            0.0.0.31: drhsIpPlugIn
                            3.0.0.43: EasyTrigger
                            3.0.0.1: HS iTunes
                            3.9.6431.26038: Modbus
                            3.0.1.109: PHLocation
                            2.0.0.0: SNMPMONITOR
                            3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
                            3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
                            3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
                            3.0.6490.28457: UltraSmartThermostat3
                            3.0.1.195: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              My own .02, I have had many problems with McAfee in the past messing up my system and slowing it down. It may be better now, but I would feel a lot better if you could uninstall it for now just to rule it out (disabling it does not always work as it still has code installed into the OS). Personally, I would never run that software. I believe your crash might be specific to your system. I think the Windows crashes we are seeing now are due to issues with individual systems and not a broader HS3 issue.

But if you have another crash, please send me the system logs.
                              Rich, that comment about crashes being issues with Windows and individual systems got me wondering if crashes are in fact down to individual plugins on particular systems and not HS3.

Are you trying to fit HS3 around particular plugins or are developers working to make their plugins work with your development.

Other than memory usage rises I've experienced no particular issues with HS3 since the current round of beta testing started. Im assuming you got the garbage collection sorted out too.

Granted I'm using HS3 Pro on a Raspberry Pi and only find practical use for three particular plugins.

Comment

The goal right now is to get a release out and I want to make sure there is no issue affecting many systems. Ideally there should be no crashes and if a plugin is crashing HS we need to put in a fix so that does not happen. If a plugin crashes on its own, then its up to the developer to get that fixed.

We have quite a few systems running here and we have not seen any crashes on Windows. We did re-create the Linux one that was related to system timers on MONO 5 and that appears to be fixed.

So my feeling is the Windows crashes are widespread and we need to deal with each one on a case by case basis and they may be due to system config, plugins loaded and maybe event config. I think we are about ready to do another release.

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                                Rich, that comment about crashes being issues with Windows and individual systems got me wondering if crashes are in fact down to individual plugins on particular systems and not HS3.

Are you trying to fit HS3 around particular plugins or are developers working to make their plugins work with your development.

Other than memory usage rises I've experienced no particular issues with HS3 since the current round of beta testing started. Im assuming you got the garbage collection sorted out too.

Granted I'm using HS3 Pro on a Raspberry Pi and only find practical use for three particular plugins.

Comment

Working...
                                X