Homekit plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent!!
    So we would need meaningful group names and event names.
    "run event group one event one"
    Would run "event one" in "group one"??
    Cheers
    J

Comment

let me know when you are ready for a beta tester
      I just ordered a new Schlage Lock that interfaces via homekit
      Attached Files
      Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Gearyt

You should be aware as far as know, the touch series from Schlage do not communicate with home automation systems. Only the Connect series.

And, be aware that locks and similar secure items for use directly with homekit have not been released yet unless I missed something.

I think there is even some issues with such secure items working through a bridge (i.e. they will not work). Check the cocoontech forums for info on that. I believe it is a limitation of Apples doing to insure security items like that have to be directly connected.

I could be wrong about all this...just want to make sure I pass along the warning.

Comment

I appreciate the warning.. we will see. Lock arrives next week

Comment

Originally posted by Bal View Post
            Gearyt

I think there is even some issues with such secure items working through a bridge (i.e. they will not work). Check the cocoontech forums for info on that. I believe it is a limitation of Apples doing to insure security items like that have to be directly connected.

I could be wrong about all this...just want to make sure I pass along the warning.
            Locks are not officially allowed to be bridged, but I have to test whether it is technically possible or not to bridge it. Allowing a home automation system to automate locks is of course a potential security hazard, since people could actually hack these kind of systems.

After running the HK bridge at home for some time now, I encountered another crypto-error on some specific size messages. Have to fix it before beta testing can be done.
            When available I will post it here.

I do have to say that I like the way to ask Siri to turn on/off all the lights. Or ask for instance for the temperature in a specific room.

Comment

Sounds really cool. Can't wait to try it out

Comment

How does the homekit plugin know the HS device is a lock? Can't we name devices pretty much anything in HS which may make it difficult for the HomeKit plugin to tell it's a lock?

Just curious.
                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggel View Post
                  Allowing a home automation system to automate locks is of course a potential security hazard, since people could actually hack these kind of systems.
                  That's funny.. The lock mfg's ( Kwickset, Schlage ) are the main promoters of the feature !

and all software platforms have it as their #1 Feature

Comment

whoops, wrong lock..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggel View Post

I do have to say that I like the way to ask Siri to turn on/off all the lights. Or ask for instance for the temperature in a specific room.

[emoji16][emoji106]

Comment

I'm willing to make the sacrifice and beta test. I won't even ask for compensation...

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                          How does the homekit plugin know the HS device is a lock? Can't we name devices pretty much anything in HS which may make it difficult for the HomeKit plugin to tell it's a lock?

Just curious.
                          Every device will get a HomeKit tab in the property window. Here you can indicate the type of service and characteristic.

Comment

Fraggel,

When can we expect a beta :P, cant wait to test. Especially the siri integration

Bart
                            Regards Bart
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                            HSPRO 3.
                            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I would also be willing to beta test.
                              I have the following by means of testing:

HS3 Pro
                              rfxcom
                              z-wave devices including door lock

iOS devices: original iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6+
                              MAC OS/X - mac mini, MacBook pro, MacBook air

I also have xcode on the mac mini in case you need debug reports, but I think the new beta testing software allows you to get that without needing us to do anything.
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

How is everything going Fraggel?

I think about this plugin most times I tinker with my system.

Comment

Working...
                                X