Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain Machine API available

http://www.rainmachine.com/help.php

I have this controller and really like it. I would love to have it integrated in Homeseer but I know nothing about how to do that. They have a developer API available.

What would it take to integrate this? I would be willing to hire someone if necessary.

Afraid not looking at doing it myself (I get more rain than I need) but from the developers API it is not out of this world difficult to talk to, should get away with a script for the basic functionality.

Comment

Me Too!

I came across this thread, I too am VERY VERY interested in adding this to my HS3 system. I've had a RainMachine irrigation controller for a couple years now and I love it! I would even be interested in paying someone to integrate this into HS3. Not a lot, but I'd pay. Anyone interested?

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by joels View Post
        I came across this thread, I too am VERY VERY interested in adding this to my HS3 system. I've had a RainMachine irrigation controller for a couple years now and I love it! I would even be interested in paying someone to integrate this into HS3. Not a lot, but I'd pay. Anyone interested?

Joel
        Looks like they have an IFTTT channel, which *may* be a simple shortcut to integration with HS3
        cheeryfool

Comment

Thank You, I use IFTTT but I didn't know they had a Rain Machine channel. I'll look into that for now until I can convince someone to make a RainMachine plugin. It's worth a shot, I just never like adding another step or another device in the chain unless I have to. IFTTT has certainly made HS3 more useful though.

Joel

Comment

Still wish someone would create a RainMachine Plugin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am still interested too. IFTTT has integration but that is very cumbersome and lately with all the new IFTTT 'upgrades' the system has been the least reliable that I have ever seem from IFTTT.

Comment

Based on my limited coding experience the API looks pretty straight forward and appears to be open source.

Comment

Working...
                X