• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    Yes you can.

Instead of pointing to your .aspx page, send your request like this :

HTML Code:
    https://my.server.com/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=whatever your command is

You just need to send the entire phrase using the schema and intent outlined.

The response is a querystring variable called 'Response', such as:

{ "Response":"I have turned on the christmas tree" }
    A url for a single command isn't a proper skill endpoint. All it would ever do is that one command hardcoded into the URL. Also I'm not sure query string parameters are going to work in the first place as the request is a post containing the ASK json object. That response is not a valid ASK response.

Comment

Ah.... I thought you were sending it to a lambda function, then down.

You can set up an asp/aspx page as a passthrough..., just process the request in the page and send it to HS3 using the syntax I provided.

If the skill is okay with the endpoint URL that way, that should work.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Hello,

I have tried the following:

/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn on kitchen light

However I am always receiving the following no matter what the phrase is:

{ "Response":"Error, bad request" }

I can perform other, documented JSON requests but not this one. I'm running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.208 (Windows). Is this only available in a beta version?
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

You need at least version 239, which is currently in beta.
          Wade

Comment

I've been using this new JSON feature via Android's automate (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=179768). It's awesome. Very fast response. Much quicker than HSTouch even when the app is already open.

Huge request!

Right now, this addition to the JSON API only responds with the default response text as defined in Settings/Voice. Currently, "OK, running the event {event}". At least it appears that is where it is coming from. Additionally, any Speak actions in triggered events are not passed into the response.

What would be great is if you could define a custom response within the 'phrase recognized' trigger that overrides the default response.

I would prefer this over the alternative of passing any Speak action text in the response because I want to be able to selectively skip the default response when a custom phrase is recognized because it takes a while to say. I do however want the default response when I run an event with the generic "Run event {event}" phrase, so I don't want to have to clear that default out and reply on all events having speak actions.

It would also be great if this custom response supported replacement variables like emails and speak actions currently do.

Examples:

What is the house temperature?
            70 degrees.

What is the thermostat set to?
            71 degrees.

What is the status of the locks?
            Front is locked. Rear is unlocked. Garage is open.

What is the meaning of life?

Any likelihood of this sort of thing being added?
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Post Remove. Got it sorted out.
              Last edited by tpchristian; February 19, 2016, 01:13 AM.
              - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
              Web Site
              YouTube Channel

Comment

For those wishing to set up their own skill:

Endpoint: https://myhs.homeseer.com/process_echo/

Do you allow users to create an account or link to an existing account with you? Select 'Yes'
                Authorization URL: https://myhs.homeseer.com/echo/user_app/
                Privacy Policy URL: https://www.homeseer.com/privacy

You will need the vendorID from the 'Redirect URL' field for when you log in to link your skill to myHS.
                In the Account Linking or Creation section, along with Authortization/Privacy Policy URL, it's required to enter Client Id - "Unique public string used to identify the client requesting for authentication". What should we put in there?

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
                  I can't answer the first part, but I do know that changing the name from Alexa... well you only have one option and that is Echo . Amazon controls that part and it hasn't changed since they created it, though there has been talks to adding more names. I suspect they picked Alexa from lots of research and figured its the least common word used daily, and easiest to have the device wake up on.

Personally I don't mind that part as much as "tell homeseer", i think they could tie into the light API... maybe?
                  (Emphasis added by me). Slighty Off Topic (delete the post Mods if you want).

Last time I checked (and it's been a few months). You can NOT tell Alexa to play "The Downeaster Alexa" by Billy Joel when the command word is Alexa. I have no idea why they parse it out after the first time that you say "Alexa". Perhaps because they think you are saying something like "Alexa, please play this song, Alexa". As it is it just replies "I can't find a song called "The Downeaster" by Billy Joel". Really saddens me cause I happen to really like that song. The only way I could get to it was to play the album and skip to it.

Like a bad monkey, I have never reported this to Amazon.

Sorry for the intrusion. Please go back to your regularly scheduled topic

Comment

Originally posted by DevinH View Post
                    In the Account Linking or Creation section, along with Authortization/Privacy Policy URL, it's required to enter Client Id - "Unique public string used to identify the client requesting for authentication". What should we put in there?
                    Also, when I "sign into your account" from the skill page on alexa.amazon.com, it just says "Unable to link your Skill. Please try again later"

Comment

The clientID can be whatever you want it be..., we don't need it for our code.
                      Wade

Comment

Also, when I "sign into your account" from the skill page on alexa.amazon.com, it just says "Unable to link your Skill. Please try again later"
                        Are you logging in using your skill or the published HomeSeer one?
                        Wade

Comment

Are you logging in using your skill or the published HomeSeer one?
                          I was trying to create my own skill, using the information in the first post of this thread, so that I could use a different invocation name

Comment

I wonder if the authorization URL is outdated. The directions say to use:
                            https://myhs.homeseer.com/echo/user_app/

But it looks like the published skill is using:
                            https://myhs.homeseer.com/Echo/Echo_Default

I tried using that published skill URL for my own skill, and I when I click "Sign into your account" from the Alexa app, I do get a login form now, but when logging in I get the "Unable to link you skill, please try again later" message. Using the first authorization URL, I'd never even get that login form and instead get the error message immediately

Comment

I just linked my test skill without issue.

I have attached an image of my account linking page.
                              Attached Files
                              Wade

Comment

Please be sure your myHS account is set up and you can remotely access your HS3 system with it.
                                Wade

Comment

Working...
                                X