Echo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo

I followed all directions to enable echo skill it worked fine but when I tried to turn lights on that I had after enabling it said that device is not found. It seems to be hit miss with no degree of reliability. Is this normal at this stage ???

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.243
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 46 Minutes 12 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.52
    Number of Devices: 165
    Number of Events: 54

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.56: DSC Security
    5.0.0.22: Global Cache
    3.2.0.0: Harmony Hub
    3.0.0.94: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5.20: Insteon
    3.0.0.21: Sonos
    3.0.1.61: Z-Wave

To start, be sure you have 'voice Command' enabled on the devices you want to control.

Check the logs in HomeSeer, as well as the history in the Alexa app to be sure what the echo believes you to be saying.

For more help, go to https://www.homeseer.com/echo
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
      To start, be sure you have 'voice Command' enabled on the devices you want to control.

Check the logs in HomeSeer, as well as the history in the Alexa app to be sure what the echo believes you to be saying.

I get this error when opening up that url

An error occurred during a connection to www.homeseer.com. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
      Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

sorry, no 's' in http

The echo will also give you the address if you ask the HomeSeer skill for help
        Wade

Comment

I have enabled all devices to voice. Today I was able to turn on a few lights but when I tried turn them off echo said not found. I did read the history and it shows my dialog. Lights that I was able to turn on yesterday echo can't find today.
          I hope these are start up problems.

Comment

Do you have some specific phrases you're having issues with?
            Wade

Comment

Wade, do you have to specify exactly what your going to say in the device attribute page?
              Hector
              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The commands for a device are based on the controls on the device.

If a device has buttons with labels that say 'on' and 'off', then you can say 'on ' and 'off'.

If a device has buttons with labels that say 'open' and 'close', then you can say 'open ' and 'close'.

We look through the status graphics pairs to find a value that matches.

Changing the label of a status pair will also change what you need to say to execute that control.
                Wade

Comment

If I change the name of the echo to another name and use this name to control HS, will I still have the other options that come with the echo, available to use like trafic report, music ,ect....
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The commands for a device are based on the controls on the device.

If a device has buttons with labels that say 'on' and 'off', then you can say 'on ' and 'off'.

If a device has buttons with labels that say 'open' and 'close', then you can say 'open ' and 'close'.

We look through the status graphics pairs to find a value that matches.

Changing the label of a status pair will also change what you need to say to execute that control.
                    Ok, so how does the software know which device I want to turn on if there several device with the "on" label?
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The name of the device determines the device, and the command determines the control status pair.

'Turn the light off'

'light' is the name of the device, and 'off' is the command.
                      Wade

Comment

Working...
                      X