New Echo API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Echo API

Running HS ver 3.0.0.243 ran the linking setup then ran the find my devices, Echo finds a door, one door and i have unlinked rediscovered and that is all it finds, any suggestions for making it find 15 other ligthts?

Do you have the voice command checkbox checked on the other devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes i have the skill working for every device just fine....

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
      Do you have the voice command checkbox checked on the other devices?

Comment

This will sound dumb, but do the other lights only support on/off/dim?

Comment

yes, and the door don't and it found it????

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
          This will sound dumb, but do the other lights only support on/off/dim?

Comment

I have went in and removed the tick in allow voice command for the office door and removed the found door in the Alex app and ran discover devices again and it found the non on/off/dim door again

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
            yes, and the door don't and it found it????

Comment

I set up API and it found all my lights (zWave) but would not find my door lock or speakers. Both the door lock and speakers are set up for voice conttrol and I've tried re-discovering several time, including after a fresh reboot of the system.

Any ideas to get other devices discovered within Echo?
              Regards, Bob

Comment

FIXED: Found this in the API forum

Look that the "Status/Graphics" tab on your device and check the On/Off/Dim commands. There you will see a drop list labeled "Control Use". This needs to be set to ON/OFF or DIM. This piece of information is used to tell if if those are on/off/dim controls. We needed to add this since you could label your controls with other labels, maybe non US. This control has been there for quite a while and Z-Wave populates it. Also, if you create a virtual device, it gets set properly too. Its possible other plugins are not setting this, or you have some older devices created before we added this. Just select the proper setting for your On/Off/Dim devices.

Originally posted by itanic View Post
                I set up API and it found all my lights (zWave) but would not find my door lock or speakers. Both the door lock and speakers are set up for voice conttrol and I've tried re-discovering several time, including after a fresh reboot of the system.

Any ideas to get other devices discovered within Echo?
                Regards, Bob

Comment

Check the control use of the devices you are having issues with .

It is a setting on the status graphics pairs of the device.

(oops, late to the party.)
                  Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by itanic View Post
                    FIXED: Found this in the API forum

Look that the "Status/Graphics" tab on your device and check the On/Off/Dim commands. There you will see a drop list labeled "Control Use". This needs to be set to ON/OFF or DIM. This piece of information is used to tell if if those are on/off/dim controls.
                    That's how I managed to get Alexa to control my two Globalcache IR devices and the TVs/receivers that are hooked up to him. Even though I'm limited to only turning them on and off (and the volume if I wanted to set it to "dim" it's still pretty neat. For the rest of the IR commands I use IFTTT "trigger" words

Comment

Working...
                    X