X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Plus Wireless Smart Dimmer

Current Date/Time: 7/8/2017 11:25:46 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.293
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 4 Hours 27 Minutes 13 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.160
    Number of Devices: 4
    Number of Events: 1
    Available Threads: 199

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

Help! I'm getting stuck on the INTERFACE MODEL: and SERIAL PORT: selection options. There are no directions.

Which Z-Wave interface are you using?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

This is for the GE Plug-in Wireless Smart Dimmer

Are you referring to the Interface Model? +Z-Wave.me is the selection I made. Here are my options:
      Interface Model:
      *None
      Internal
      HomeSeer
      Z-NET Ethernet
      HomeSeer SmartStick
      +Z-Wave.me
      UZBAeon Labs
      Aeotec
      Z-Stick
      HomeSeer Z-Troller
      ACT HomePro
      ZC SeriesCooper
      Aspire USB
      Unknown/NoneGeneric
      Serial Controller
      Ethernet Interface
      Last edited by dmarcelop; July 8, 2017, 11:38 PM. Reason: Providing additional information

Comment

I'm sure he meant which controller hardware you have. Popular choices are the zwave.me, Smartstick+ or Aeon USB sticks, or the z-net network adapter.

If you have a zwave.me stick, thats the Interface model you should choose. Then the serial port should be populated with choices like /dev/ttyAMA0, /dev/ttyUSB0, or similar. If you don't have other devices attached, the choice should be fairly obvious. If you have multiple choices and can't figure it out, post what you have.

Comment

PS. See step #4 & 5 here => https://homeseer.com/guides/HomeTrol...rted-Guide.pdf

Comment

O.K. This is embarrassing. Did I forget to mention that I was a newbie?
            My hardware is the HomeSeer HomeTroller-SEL Home Controller. Besides the SEL and the dimmer hardware, do I need another interface equipment?

O.K. I get it. In my own feeble defense:

1. I missed that item in the "Requirements" section
            2. I had previously set up a Schlage Connect lock that didn't require interface hardware

Much thanks.
            Last edited by dmarcelop; July 9, 2017, 09:18 AM. Reason: ...need to explain to self

Comment

Working...
            X