www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Developer Support > Scripts & Plug-Ins:Development and Libraries > Script & Plug-In Library Discussion

Script & Plug-In Library Discussion This forum is for discussing scripts that are posted in the Script Library. To keep the Script Libray as neat as possible, replies are not permitted in that forum. Please post questions, comments, scripts in process, etc. to this forum.

Old August 31st, 2002, 01:25 PM
Seer Deluxe

I upgraded to UltraSuite a couple of weeks ago in 2 locations and have been real happy with the integration and performance. Now, I have obviously messed something up in BOTH systems.

Instead of showing the state duration from the last change time and date, all the pages show the duration from the last HS restart, until the state changes again. I'm confused because the HS Status Page (and HS UI) show the correct date and time. I thought that UltraSuite sourced the data from HS device attributes, so I'm at a loss.

The only script changes I can associate with this is that I just removed save_state_xml and restore_state_xml from my Startup and Shutdown scripts, since 1.6 is supposed to store the state info internally. It looks like HS is doing this, but something has "cratered" UltraSuite.

I'd appreciate any info that will help me fix this error, 'cause it's real frustrating.

Thanks, in advance.

HomeSeer Environment:
Pentium III 733mhz
384mb PC133 SDRAM
HS 1.6, W2K SP3
MR26A, TI103
X10 Pro PDT20 thermostat
Old August 31st, 2002, 06:47 PM
OverSeer

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Davis:
Instead of showing the state duration from the last change time and date, all the pages show the duration from the last HS restart, until the state changes again. I'm confused because the HS Status Page (and HS UI) show the correct date and time. I thought that UltraSuite sourced the data from HS device attributes, so I'm at a loss.

UltraSuite does pull data (in real time) from the HomeSeer devices.

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Davis:
The only script changes I can associate with this is that I just removed save_state_xml and restore_state_xml from my Startup and Shutdown scripts, since 1.6 is supposed to store the state info internally. It looks like HS is doing this, but something has "cratered" UltraSuite.

Once you removed save_state_xml and restore_state_xml you lost the ability to save the last updated date/time from re-start to re-start. Some users asked the interal HomeSeer not offer this feature (didn't make since to me...)

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old August 31st, 2002, 06:49 PM
OverSeer

Related post:

http://ubb.homeseer.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...585#3182962585

After re-reading this post, I think I should update the XML using DeviceLastChange() instead of DeviceTime(). Comments anyone?

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old August 31st, 2002, 08:31 PM
Seer Deluxe

When I go to the HS Status Web Page, or the HS GUI on the server, the last change date-time are correct. UJ, I infer from your comments that the DeviceTime would be 00:00 immediately after restart, correct?

HomeSeer Environment:
Pentium III 733mhz
384mb PC133 SDRAM
HS 1.6, W2K SP3
MR26A, TI103
X10 Pro PDT20 thermostat
Old August 31st, 2002, 08:34 PM
Seer Deluxe

When I go to the HS Status Web Page, or the HS GUI on the server, the last change date-time are correct. UJ, I infer from your comments that the DeviceTime would be 00:00 immediately after restart, correct? If so, I guess I need to iterate the devices and set the DeviceTime to a calculated value, then reinstate the Startup and Shutdown procedures.

I agree with you that HS should preserve the DeviceTime in addition to the LastChange value. Those should always be in-synch and merely different representations of the same data. It's crazy if they are not so.

Michael

HomeSeer Environment:
Pentium III 733mhz
384mb PC133 SDRAM
HS 1.6, W2K SP3
MR26A, TI103
X10 Pro PDT20 thermostat