Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out my new Wall mountable PC

http://rjon.myvnc.com/Images/rjon3.JPG

The cool thing about this is that I simply plug it in a single outlet and its ready to go. The power cord is on the left temporarily tucked into the cable manager.

The WIFI NIC allows me to access the HSPC from anywhere in the house and the IR transmitter allows all IR commands to be sent out througout the house

Also new is at the top you see a mixer and two wireless mic receivers. This allows wireless VR. Below that you see a 2.4ghz wireless Video Audio sender. This allows audio upstairs and for all of the HS announcements etc.

I was a little concerned about how effective x10 would be since the Ocelot TM751 module is plugged into the powerstrip, but it works like a charm.

Coming soon: Since this is an MCE 2005 pc, I will be transmitting MCE to my bedroom TV, controlling it via VR and with a Remote.

Thats pretty kewl! I hope you have a very sturdy wall to mount it to
    Visit My Home Seer Site at:
    www.JohnWPB.com
    Created with LCARS

Comment

Not that heavy...

Right now its leaning against the wall. I think it might be better leaning instead of mounted on the wall. At first I thought it would be neat to hang like a peice of art but its looking like that may not happen.

Comment

Where's the beer fridge and big screen TV .
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

The Big screen

is in the media room which is attached to the kitchen which holds the beverages. No beer due to the calorie and carb issues, however the nice Vouvrays and Pinots live there. They are good for the heart. Keeps me running, literally.

Dave

Comment

Hey Man, best get a patient on it before some of the big companies start manufacturing it at an big price and put all those PC cabinet makers out of business.
            sigpic
            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Lol...........

I am already at the patent office, however it looks like someone beat me to it.

Some guy has a laptop duct taped to a refrigerator that apparently takes the patent. He claims that since it makes a cow mooing sound when the door opens that its also a weight loss aid.

Missed it by that much....

Comment

As soon a Steve Jobs sees this you can plan on the whole world going crazy for the new I-Board!

Jim

Comment

Lol

It will look a heck of alot better than what I have. At least it had better.

Comment

Working...
                  X