HST-IWAC7 Power requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HST-IWAC7 Power requirements

I purchased 2 of the new HST-IWAC7 ICS 4.0.3 Touchscreens when they first came in several weeks ago but I was traveling and just now had time to start working with them. I got them both up and running finally but I did have a little bit of trouble with them. I think it may be power related as the issue was with getting them to power up when I connected them to my POE hub. When I disconnect and reconnect, they sometimes don't want to power up. The hub is a D-Link DES-1008PA with 4 802.3af compatible ports (i.e. 48V 15.4W ea). This is the same as the injectors being sold with the Touchscreen units but I am wondering if the units really need 802.3at ports that are capable of sourcing more power (i.e. 48V 30W ea). Anyone else having trouble with getting these new units to power up on 15W POE ports? I didn't have any trouble with the previous HST-IWAR7 units using these same ports.

Re: HST-IWAC7 Power requirements

My understanding from the manufacturer is that you either get a poe version or a nonpoe version. There is a specual module they put in for poe, not sure which version hs uses.
    Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Yes, this model requires 48V @ 30W to function.

Comment

Working...
      X