This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests

Post them here. Please include a descriptive use-case so that I can get a better understanding of the how/why the feature is being requested. This description and your thought process will help me to figure out how possibly best implement.

The ability to enter a second IP address. One would be used when inside the network and the second one would be for external access.

Comment

Stacking groups and varying group tile widths

Wayne

I love the new look and thanks to Sputnik also for the suggestions.

A couple more requests from me:

1. Would it be possible to stack groups to use up vacant space. e.g. If I have a General group with just the clock and weather widgets, that takes up 2 tiles wide by 3 tall. There is perhaps room for another 2x2 tiles below. If I have a Locks group (only 2 locks) it would fit nicely below the General group.

2. Groups all seem to be a double tile wide currently. If I have 2 thermostats, it would be nice to have the option to stack them within the group in a single tile width. Similarly I have a whole load of devices in a group and it would be great to make this group 3 tiles wide, to save them scrolling off the bottom of the screen.

Cheers
      James
      cheeryfool

Comment

I dont believe I have seen this requested in the main thread but would it be possible to select a background image or change the color other than black?

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          Wayne

I love the new look and thanks to Sputnik also for the suggestions.

A couple more requests from me:

1. Would it be possible to stack groups to use up vacant space. e.g. If I have a General group with just the clock and weather widgets, that takes up 2 tiles wide by 3 tall. There is perhaps room for another 2x2 tiles below. If I have a Locks group (only 2 locks) it would fit nicely below the General group.

2. Groups all seem to be a double tile wide currently. If I have 2 thermostats, it would be nice to have the option to stack them within the group in a single tile width. Similarly I have a whole load of devices in a group and it would be great to make this group 3 tiles wide, to save them scrolling off the bottom of the screen.

Cheers
          James
          If you'd like a three-wide group, just use "tile-group triple". There's a bunch of stuff in the CSS (metro.css) that you might find interesting. I'm sure you might even be able to nest a group within a group. But I haven't tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
            I dont believe I have seen this requested in the main thread but would it be possible to select a background image or change the color other than black?
            Search in the CSS for "tile-area-scheme". There are a bunch of predefined background colors you can choose from. But consider that darker is better for UIs that will be left on all the time.

Comment

Design polish & slick animations

Thermostat:

(Tapping on the tile turns the thermostat on to cool, then heat, and then finally back to off). The underline animation means the thermostat is working/loading)

Small tile (using touch):

Small tile (using mouse):

Comment

Sputnik, those are pretty solid.

As for another feature request, from my post in the main thread, could we get a "webpage" tile for a single site as well as keep the multiple site tile?

For my purpose I will only have one webpage needed for each tile but I dont want to remove the multiple site tile if people are using it that way.

Thank you.

Comment

Sputnik, those are pretty solid.

As for another feature request, from my post in the main thread, could we get a "webpage" tile for a single site as well as keep the multiple site tile?

For my purpose I will only have one webpage needed for each tile but I dont want to remove the multiple site tile if people are using it that way.

Thank you.
                  You don't have to configure multiple sites to the webpage tile. You can do a single site. So I'm assuming you're not liking the three second delay. But that's consistent behavior with all tiles and gives you a three second safety buffer to change your mind in case you accidentally tap the wrong tile.

Comment

Originally posted by sputnik View Post
                    Design polish & slick animations

Thermostat:

(Tapping on the tile turns the thermostat on to cool, then heat, and then finally back to off). The underline animation means the thermostat is working/loading)

Small tile (using touch):

Small tile (using mouse):
                    Very nice. I haven't added any of the easing transitions in the CSS, but wouldn't be hard to do. I've got a few more tweaks to make and should have a new build out over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                      You don't have to configure multiple sites to the webpage tile. You can do a single site. So I'm assuming you're not liking the three second delay. But that's consistent behavior with all tiles and gives you a three second safety buffer to change your mind in case you accidentally tap the wrong tile.
                      You are right in the 3 second wait is a little long for me I am more of a now kind of user I thought maybe it was a delay in the proxy server when I would activate lights, thermostat, etc.

So maybe the feature would be a "no delay tile" and a "3 sec tile"???

Comment

You are right in the 3 second wait is a little long for me I am more of a now kind of user I thought maybe it was a delay in the proxy server when I would activate lights, thermostat, etc.

So maybe the feature would be a "no delay tile" and a "3 sec tile"???
                        I'll add a delay parameter to the widget so you can override the default value--This is Done!
                        Last edited by wposner; July 10, 2015, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wposner View Post
                          I'll add a delay parameter to the widget so you can override the default value--This is Done!
                          Thank you!

Comment

I have some virtual devices that have values and associated pics with them - they basically control radio stations and tv channels by different means. If the device changes, it triggers an event to change the station/channel to what is needed.

So, one device is 0-10, the other 0-40+. The standard device control is ok, but it's a bit tiresome to change to the correct channel - if you make a mistake and go one channel too far, you can end up having to press another 40+ times.

Could we have a device type that is similar to the format of the tstat, two tiles vertical or horizontal, status pic, with two buttons to go up/down the values please?

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                              I have some virtual devices that have values and associated pics with them - they basically control radio stations and tv channels by different means. If the device changes, it triggers an event to change the station/channel to what is needed.

So, one device is 0-10, the other 0-40+. The standard device control is ok, but it's a bit tiresome to change to the correct channel - if you make a mistake and go one channel too far, you can end up having to press another 40+ times.

Could we have a device type that is similar to the format of the tstat, two tiles vertical or horizontal, status pic, with two buttons to go up/down the values please?
                              Is the status icon associated with device status in HS or would you have 40+ custom status icons? That would make for some really ugly html if you had to manually define your own icons in home.html.

Comment

Working...
                              X