Speaker Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Volume

I recently purchased a Hometroller Zee S2. I was testing out the "Speak" functionality and it seems the volume of the spoken words are quite low. I had to turn the speaker volume up all the was for it to be even audible. Is there a way to turn the volume up on the device side? I have used these speakers on a raspberry pi recently in the past and they work great.

I spent a lot of time finding a solution to this. I'm surprised more folks have not complained about it. See below how to change it from within an event by running the amixer program.

John

P.S. You may want to use the HomeTroller Zee board under Homeseer Hardware going forward for questions about the Zee.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SpeakerVol.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1187254

Comment

Works Great! Thanks! What a great alert you have there when the dryer is done. What are those other speakers you have set up?

Comment

I have a 70V amplifier. Those have high impedance and are not impacted by different amounts of parallel speakers being connected. I have an alarm panel with 10 low power outputs that are controlled by those statements. The outputs drive relays, and the relays close the connections to the 70V speakers in the areas that I want announcements to to be heard.

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
          I spent a lot of time finding a solution to this. I'm surprised more folks have not complained about it. See below how to change it from within an event by running the amixer program.

John

P.S. You may want to use the HomeTroller Zee board under Homeseer Hardware going forward for questions about the Zee.

[ATTACH]56829[/ATTACH]
          Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Works perfectly!

Comment

Working...
          X