HSTouch can't connect through myhs via vpn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch can't connect through myhs via vpn

When I'm away from home HSTouch won't connect via myhs if my V PN software is running. I can however connect to my system through myhs on the same device using a browser. Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

It might be a DNS issue from your VPN. Can you try to ping myhs when your VPN is active?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Well, like I said, I can access my system through the web interface with the VPN on. I'm not even sure how to ping anything from an Android device.

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
        Well, like I said, I can access my system through the web interface with the VPN on. I'm not even sure how to ping anything from an Android device.
        With HSTouch using port 10200 that could it be that port may not be available on the VPN? You could try changing HSTouch to a known (think the option is in the HS settings if it is not an INI file setting) open port see if that connects.

Comment

I'll try changing the port but I'm not sure if it will help because I'm using myhs. Honestly I have no idea.

Comment

What client VPN software are you running on your Phone (Android?) and what server VPN software are you running at home?

and

What Internet browser are you running on your phone?
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Private Internet Access on the phone and at home.

Comment

Does it work on your phone at home when you are connected to your wireless network?

I would open a support ticket with Private Internet Access as the phone client should work fine with the service as it talks only via one port.

You should not have to do anything on your end.
                Last edited by Pete; February 8, 2018, 06:10 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

It works fine at home on W-Fi. Oddly EgiGeoZone doesn't communicate with HS when the VPN is on as well. I'm discussing that one with the developer. Backitude works just fine though. It's odd.

Comment

Not sure what telco you are using for your cell phone(s) there. Here in the Midwest T-Mobile is massaging the transport for their customers. I get messages from the T-Mobile Barracuda firewalls relating to my Homeseer 3 text messages here.

Odd for me as the source here is Homeseer and that never changes. I do not utilize myhomeseer dot com here.

That said I use IPSec VPN on a wireless client using the Mobile shared wireless and do not have issues with it. That is different though than using a VPN service.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                    X