Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the correct way of detecting an ACTIVATE command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the correct way of detecting an ACTIVATE command?

I am trying some items out on my HS3-Pi and I would like to have an event that does something when any device Activates the All Off or All Interior Off links that I have setup. I have tried a couple of different things, like when the Link becomes Activated or Deactivated. Neither of those work. I next set it to "becomes Any Value". That actually works, but it seems kludgy to me. Is there a proper value to check for a link being activated?

Thanks,
    Jim

what is the status of "All Interior Off" link device when a device activates this link? Depending on how your system is setup it could be "Activate", "Deactivate", "On", "Snap On", a specific dim value, etc...

so you need to use that specific status to trigger an event, i.e "device All Interior Off becomes Activate", "device All Interior Off becomes On", etc...

if you want to trigger when a specific physical UPB device transmit a link, you can use the trigger "UPB Device transmits Link", see the user guide: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...08#post1091508

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, life gets in the way sometimes.

Anyway, I decided to try an experiment. I momentarily turned on Debug messages for the plug-in and pressed a button that issued the link. (newest first, as presented by HS log screen)
      16:28:27 DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Message already received and treated -- message ignored
      16:28:27 DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU8905781E1F21FFFF9E]
      16:28:27 DEBUG DEVICE[99]:: Level changing on channel 0 from -1 to 0
      16:28:26 DEBUG DEVICE[32]:: Level changing on channel 0 from -1 to 0
      16:28:26 DEBUG DEVICE[7]:: Level changing on channel 0 from -1 to 0
      16:28:25 DEBUG LINK[30]:: Got Link DEACTIVATE
      16:28:25 DEBUG UPB_RCVR:: Received UPB command [PU8904781E1F21FFFF9F]

So it looks like I am issuing a Deactivate for the link. I will experiment some more with this later, but for now I am just looking for "changes" and that seems to be working.

Comment

If you want to see realtime device changes, try: http://tenholder.net/tenWare2/tenHsEvents/default.aspx

tenholde

Comment

Working...
        X