setting up email - working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up email - working!

I am using HS3 SEL Pro running Linux. I have a door lock that sends noticaftins when used. I have been trying to setup the email send portion under the setup menu but it keeps giving me errors about not able to resolve address. I have scoured the message board and others but t no aval. here is my setup screen: I have changed the address to protect me. Can anyone help me?

E-Mail Settings Sending
    SMTP Server smtp.69.252.80.75
    SMTP Server Port (default=25) 587
    SMTP Username myemail@comcast.net
    SMTP Password ********
    Mail Domain (enter if your username does not include @domain part) If your username does include "@host", then enter the hostname here, such as "yahoo.com". comcast.net
    Default From address myemail@comcast.net
    Use SSL (no)
    Default "TO" E-Mail address myemail@comcast.net
    Default E-Mail Subject Myhouse
    Default E-Mail Message alert notification
    E-Mail Settings Receiving (disabled)

A couple of things to try:

- try it with the mail domain empty
    - change the ip address for the mail server to a host name rather than an ip
    - are you sure the IP address is correct? It looks like it has an extra period in the front of it, but I expect that's a typo.

Cheers
    Al
    Last edited by sparkman; July 3, 2015, 10:05 AM.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

You might try smtp.comcast.net for the server name. I quit Comcast earlier this year, but i think they changed to SSL in Denver. You could try port 465 and SSL, it is supported.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank everyone

Thank both of you for your response. I did replace the mail server with smtp.comcast.net and removed the email domain entry. One other thing I replaced the port number with the default 25 instead of the one my comcast acount uses 587. After a system restart I recived an email from my homeseer server.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by nm&daport View Post
          Thank both of you for your response. I did replace the mail server with smtp.comcast.net and removed the email domain entry. One other thing I replaced the port number with the default 25 instead of the one my comcast acount uses 587. After a system restart I recived an email from my homeseer server.

Thanks again
          It surprises me that 25 works. Comcast announced they were blocking 25 years ago.

Regardless, good to know it is working.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X