Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qubino Weather Station - Does not work with HS3

Good Day All,

Instead of paying an ever ongoing charge to get local weather... I bought a Z-Wave Qubino Weather Station to be able to control weather type of events (ex. wind, shutdown water fountains).

Anyway, I don't see much listed onsite in the board/forum about this weather station. I see some topics about Qubino lighting... but no mention anywhere about the weather station products.

The root node added as Goap Multilevel Sensor with 11 devices: 1 reads Temperature and does display the temperature... the other 10 ALL display as Battery 1...10.

I've deleted and restarted... re-scanned (full)... looked for some type of update within HS that would allow HS to detect and configure these devices... however, nothing.

Is this device so on the bleeding edge that nobody has these yet or is there something else going on that they are not plug/play like most everything else...?

Thoughts/Suggestions?

- Chad

Device:
    http://qubino.com/products/weather-station

I have this same weather station on my wish list; however without a proper report that it is working with HS3 I won't buy it... too expensive just for reading the outside temperature

I really hope it gets fully supported soon...
    stefxx

Comment

Well... this is NOT a good sign!

NOTE: Edit... My bad... the Qubino Support staff did respond... response got captured in SPAM/Quarantine.
      Okay, trying to move forward again with getting this added.

=== Original Post ====
      The Qubino Website states... "Yes, we are real, friendly, helpful people."; however, I have used their Support form on their Website several times requesting support (suggestions/firmware) for this Weather Station and all I get back is an email with a "Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible."

I'm about ready to rip 'em on their Facebook site just to see if I can get their attention... :: shaking head ::

Anyway, at this time... I'd suggest staying away from this company and product.

- Chad
      Last edited by Cheat; December 6, 2016, 09:15 PM. Reason: Found Company Response in Junk Mail

Comment

Originally posted by Cheat View Post
        The Qubino Website states... "Yes, we are real, friendly, helpful people."; however, I have used their Support form on their Website several times requesting support (suggestions/firmware) for this Weather Station and all I get back is an email with a "Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible."

I'm about ready to rip 'em on their Facebook site just to see if I can get their attention... :: shaking head ::

Anyway, at this time... I'd suggest staying away from this company and product.

- Chad
        Just don't expect the Facebook route to work very well. Most companies just "delete" negative posts to their page (My wife and I have had our comments delete a lot of times).

The Good companies though actually find a way to contact you and make it right. Of course those companies seem to have good support to begin with....

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
          I have this same weather station on my wish list; however without a proper report that it is working with HS3 I won't buy it... too expensive just for reading the outside temperature

I really hope it gets fully supported soon...
          Has there been talk about HomeSeer attempting to support this?

I've seen other threads/topics on the Qubino products being a moving target in regards to not complying with Z-Wave and/or throwing out multiple versions to see what sticks. If this is the case, from a DEV point of view I can understand why nobody wants to spend time coding for something that may change with/without notice.

Qubino did respond to my Support request...
          Sounds like their tech support confirmed usablity with the OpenZwave library and it worked correctly... might have to rely on HomeSeer to support.

- Chad
          Last edited by Cheat; December 6, 2016, 09:17 PM. Reason: Based on finding Qubino response in SPAM folder.

Comment

Qubino Support Response

This is the response from Qubino...

Not sure if the reference to Controller is HomeSeer or the actual Z-Wave Controller (US and EU). Well, since I'm not a code jock, I'm guessing this means the ball moves to the HomeSeer corner for supporting?

=== Qubino Support Response ===
            Hi,

We recently had a few users report issues, similar to yours, with [incorrect] display and reporting of the Weather station endpoints and values, using the open source platform Domoticz and Indigo Domotics.

We decided to first test the sending of measurements using the publicly available tool "Zensys Debug Tool", which can be acquired here: https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...04-zensys-tool

As you can see in the attached picture (0_zensys.png), multiple measurements were reported from different endpoints.

Upon further investigation we discovered that both platforms (Domoticz and Indigo Domotics) didn't have the product correctly implemented (or that the users were using an older release of their selected platform, which was the case with the user using the Indigo Domotics platform ).

We also decided to test the Weather station using the OpenZwave library (most widely used open source Zwave library) and the corresponding addon, named Zwave Control panel. The attached picture (2_openzwavelog.png) shows, that the platform found all endpoints and received also their measurements (OpenZWave_InclusionInterviewLog). We also inspected the inclusion/interview log, which showed no errors during the inclusion process.

Since the debug tool showed all measurements being received from the devices and also both mentioned platforms now receive the measurements correctly (after the implementation for the device was revisited), we have reason to believe, that this is also an implementation issue. We, kindly, advise you to contact the developers of the platform, since these issues can only be sorted on the controller side.

Regards.

Klemen Petrovčič
            Goap d.o.o.
            Attached Files

Comment

It would be interesting if they could give you the system that does interface with it?
              Personally, I'd go with a Popp Weather Station, any problems with that would be solved with German efficiency promptly...

Comment

Good News!

Hello!

After i came in contact with Qubino and told them that i had to return the qubino weather station (amazon) because it did not work with my vera, homeseer and devolo and I adviced to get in contact with big z-wave base manufacturers I got the following answer:

----
                Hi Christian,

We have come in contact with Homeseer and we will try to solve the issue with them.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Best regards/Lep pozdrav,

----

If this is working I'll give it another try :-)

Greetz Chris

Comment

I was looking at their weather station, but given the problems I had getting the on/off modules to work I didn't. Looks good though.

Comment

Originally posted by woodyc79 View Post
                    Hello!

After i came in contact with Qubino and told them that i had to return the qubino weather station (amazon) because it did not work with my vera, homeseer and devolo and I adviced to get in contact with big z-wave base manufacturers I got the following answer:

----
                    Hi Christian,

We have come in contact with Homeseer and we will try to solve the issue with them.

Please let me know if you need any more help.

Best regards/Lep pozdrav,

----

If this is working I'll give it another try :-)

Greetz Chris

is this weather station working in HS3 yet???? I would like to buy one, but, It is a little spendy to be sitting in the back of my closet until someday, maybe, it will work with homeseer....

Comment

is this weather station working in HS3 yet???? I would like to buy one, but, It is a little spendy to be sitting in the back of my closet until someday, maybe, it will work with homeseer....
                      BUMP

Comment

@ cheat - Have you tried including as un-secure? Any resolution?

Comment

Response received from Qubino.

Here I can confirm that weather station device is not fully compatible with HomeSeer .
                          As well I cannot assure you when it will be compatible with HomeSeer gateway.
                          Right now is not shown in Z-Wave alliance because it is not certified yet.
                          But we are planning to certify it in future.

Comment

Still no Support - Secure / Non-Secure

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                            @ cheat - Have you tried including as un-secure? Any resolution?
                            I have tried the non-secure method... didn't work.
                            I just gave up on it and figured with some time... maybe HS would get around to including it. I just tried again this morning (20180311)... about an hour ago... appears there is still NO HS support for this device.

NOTE: Still same results as above:
                            1 Root Device
                            1 Temp, which does read correctly
                            1 Battery, which also reads correctly
                            9 Battery Devices all reading zero (0)

Starting to get a little miffed

R/,
                            Chad
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Cheat; March 11, 2018, 02:51 PM. Reason: missed an item

Comment

It is still not showing as certified by the z-wave alliance. There are only three Qubino devices showing as certified for the USA.

There are many more for Europe, but the weather station is not certified anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X