This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6/8 Keypad link question

I have a 6button KPL but i can't seem to figure out how to make it work properly.

Here's one scenario in my family room

Keypad - On/Off Load controls recessed lights
    Keypad - Button A controls LED strip Dimmer 1
    Keypad - Button B controls LED strip Dimmer 2

Dimmer 1 & 2 are located in a remote location.

Goal - I want On/Off button to control all 3 loads, and Button A & B to control individual dimmers.

While I can get the loads to turn On/Off the way I wanted , but the status lights won't function properly.

Problem - I can't get the KPL On/Off to link with its own button A & B. In the Plugin, if I choose the On/Off as controller, in Responder dropdown, I can't choose its own button A & B.

I linked KPL On/Off to Dimmer 1 & 2. and Dimmer 1 & 2 to KPL Button A & B.

Whenever I use the KPL On/Off button to control all 3 lights, the Dimmer 1 & 2 status won't update in HS3.

I also tried setting it using Insteon Hub app on iOS, it failed creating the scene. not sure why.

Any suggestions?

you will need to manually link the A & B buttons to the On btn. its not currently supported in the plugin.

there really aren't links between btns on the same kpl. its just a setting/config
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

any idea how to link the on/off to other buttons on the same kpl ?

the "link" is there, i can turn all 3 loads on and off with on/off button , but the A & B buttons don't sync.

How does the button group works in the plug in?

Comment

The changes will not all be at the same time, but it would be easy enough to create events to do what you want. The trigger for the events will be presses of the buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by mike2016 View Post
          any idea how to link the on/off to other buttons on the same kpl ?

the "link" is there, i can turn all 3 loads on and off with on/off button , but the A & B buttons don't sync.

How does the button group works in the plug in?
          the plugin doesn't currently support linking the on/off btn to other kpl btns.

basically, put the on/off into linking mode (hold 10 secs), then &hold btn A for 10 secs, and it should 'group' (these really aren't links). no links will be created.

you can do the same for btn b.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Is it possible to program the KPL in this scenario?

KPL On/Off to control all 3 loads - just on/off (already working, I created a group in plugin for all 3 loads)

btn A for "movie mode" , dim lights 30%/50%/50%

btn B for "TV mode" , dim lights 50%/75%/75%

when A mode is on, B should be off , and vice versa....

(dimmer for A & B are located elsewhere, and are manually tap linked to btn A / B on KPL )

I tried to use HS Events but it's rather slow and not very reliable.... it can take a few seconds up to 10+ seconds for all devices to respond and complete the actions...

Comment

you should be able to program the different Groups for btn A and btn B.

you will also need to use the plugin to put kpl btn A & B into a radio group.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X