k = InStr(webstr, "ri:")
    wstr = "?"
    If k > 0 Then
    wstr = Mid(webstr, k + 4, 1)
    End If

hs.writelog ("EtherRain", wstr + 1)
    hs.SetDeviceString ("v1", wstr + 1)

Comment

Just to confirm what is going on here. When I insert that last code and the controller is not running I get a 9.

Is wstr+1 going to return the number of the active zone when the controller is running?

Also, is it possible to poll other information - for example, in addition to zone number, total time zone will run for, time remaining, etc.

Finally, is it possible to send specific commands to the controller, for example - turn on or off a specific zone?
      Last edited by simonmason; July 13, 2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Not sure on several of you comments/questions.

With Jim's helped I only wanted what zone the controller turned on (basicaaly I am trying to get some of the same information that works in the OptiRain windows app). I belive the controller counts from zero not from one so that is why you have a "+ 1". You should be able to get the total time zone run time. I would think you could get remaining time but that one maybe more difficult.

Yes you should be able to turn off certain zone when you run the initial command of sending turning on the water cycles. The bases of running EtherRain is just the command plus the amount of time you want to run. For example I have 4 zones so for me when I send the controller information it is the command and then 1,2,3,4,0,0,0,0. In the example zone one gets one minute, zone 2 gets to minutes, 3 gets 3 min, 4 gets 4 and then zeros for the rest.

Hope this helps.

Comment

It looks like the 9 that is returned means no zone is currently running. I see the documentation on runCycle that allows for manual operation of the zones - that works. I think I am good now - just need to update all of my MainLobby screens to use these new commands. Thanks for the help.

Comment

EtherRain zone status

Hi Simon,
            The relay index that EtherRain returns is always the last zone completed. When the controller is running (ie, when the status is BZ (busy) the currently running zone is the relay index + 1. When the controller is not running (status = RD (ready) the relay index will continue to report the last zone that ran. For EtherRain 8, usually this is 8; for EtherRain 7, usually this is 7. The relay index doesn't reset until a new cycle begins, this way it is possible to check to see if the controller stopped mid cycle (usually only a power outage or reset would cause this).

Hope this explains. A complete explanation is in the API which I can send to anyone who is interested.

Jim

Comment

I'm good. I have all of the interaction working in homeseer. The only comment/request I have moving forward regards the polling. In order to create a close handshake between the Etherrain and Homeseer I am currently polling it every couple of minutes. This is primarily because I am feeding information to my Cinemar MainLobby system and I want the touchscreens to be providing up to date information. It would be nice if certain events trigger a response such that I don't have to poll the controller. For example, the rain sensor activating, or a zone changing.

Perhaps something for future consideration.

Comment

Hello,

I am moving my irrigation from my Stargate to Homeseer when I switch to HS3 (there is no SG plug-in for HS3). I am waiting for a few plug-ins now, but they're getting close and I should be able to switch around the January timeframe.

Is there an update on using Etherrain with HS3? Does the community here recommend this solution over others?

Tim

Comment

I haven't switched to HS3 so I can't comment specifically on this. I have it working under HS2 nicely. However, as it is a stand-alone controller that can be accessed via it's own web site it would not be an issue to switch to HS3 even if the direct interface with HS3 doesn't work. So I wouldn't less this hold you up.

Comment

EtherRain scriptset for HS3

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
                    Is there an update on using Etherrain with HS3? Does the community here recommend this solution over others?

Tim
                    Hello Tim,
                    We will be supporting HS3. We have purchased HS3 and have started the process of building an HS3 script set. We are targeting the release of an HS3 script set for EtherRain by January 2014. The functionality may vary slightly on the first release depending the programming information made available by HomeSeer.

Jim

Comment

EtherRain HS3 Interface

The EtherRain HS3 interface is now downloadable from the QuickSmart site

The interface look and feel is the same as the HS2 interface; one function (runSeqCycles) is not yet supported due to current HS3 scripting limitations but all the other functions including the most often used "runNamedCycle" work.
                      Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jiml@quicksmart.com View Post
                        The EtherRain HS3 interface is now downloadable from the QuickSmart site

The interface look and feel is the same as the HS2 interface; one function (runSeqCycles) is not yet supported due to current HS3 scripting limitations but all the other functions including the most often used "runNamedCycle" work.
                        Jim
                        Hey Jim, just wondering about any updates to the script for running sequential cycles. Also, is there a way to determine the status of the rain sensor? I am trying to reset up everything in HS3. Thanks.

Comment

EtherRain HS3 Interface Scripts

Hello Jayman13,
                          As of July 22, 2017 the HS3 script set for EtherRain is fully functional including support for running sequential cycles.

If you have a larger irrigation system and multiple EtherRain controllers, you can run up to 64 zones sequentially by setting only one HomeSeer event. Run sequential cycles also supports the monthly irrigation setbacks so you can create one event the can run year around, reducing irrigation automatically in the fall and winter if needed.

The script set has been tested on 3.0.0.318.

Jim

Comment

Are the EtherRain HS3 Scripts compatible with the latest HS3 version and is the plan to keep them up to date as new HS3 versions come out?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by noopara View Post
                              Are the EtherRain HS3 Scripts compatible with the latest HS3 version and is the plan to keep them up to date as new HS3 versions come out?

Thanks!
                              I’m still running the script on .460 without issue. It has worked with every version of HS3 since I started in 2013.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                              X