HS3 and way2call Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 and way2call Plugin?

I need basic functionality to be able to take the phone off hook send a few touch tone codes to operate external piece of equipment and then hang up the phone. I have this working in homeseer V1.7.3 with homeseer phone modem. Do not need any voice functions or incoming voice functions. Will the homeseer way2 call plugin allow me to do this or will I need scripting to do this? Looking at Hometroller 6 Pro hardware. Does anyone have experience with the way2call hardware and windows plugin? Thanks much...Rick

HS3 for Windows includes the W2Call plugin.

I have asked and posted a poll to make the W2Call piece of HS3 a plugin.

I played around with scripting some events over to the W2C device a while ago.

IE: doorbell ring triggering a Doorbell CID ring.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Would I be right in assuming that to use way2call that I will need the hometroller s6 or s6 pro hardware as it requires windows and serial interface?

Would you be willing to share your script ideas with me regarding the way2call interface? Would it be difficult to script taking the phone off hook, sending some touchtone digits, waiting a bit and then hanging up the phone.

I have yet to find any scripting examples for way2call interface or any other scripting examples for homeseer HS3 period. I have looked throughout the homeseer site and haven't found anything on scripting? Thanks much !!!!! Rick

Comment

Here for HS2 / HS3 utilize one Digi 7 port USB hub to 7 USB devices and 2 of those devices are 2 8 port serial Edgeports or 1 combo 4 port USB / 16 port Serial Edgeport.

All you need is one USB port to expand your connectivity.

For using the Way2Call box you have to be utilizing HS3 in Windows.

There is an API for Homeseer commands to the W2C. I have never seen it though.

One HS2 user posted a bunch of different commands using the HS2 API a few years back.

&HSP.HIPSendLocalCID 1,"test","5551234567"

Doing a search it looks like maybe the commands were not ported over to HS3.

HIPSendLocalCID

Advanced way2call HSP commands with HS3.

I guess many folks are not using home telephones much these days.

Here do combo lines going to my panasonic multi line telephones.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks for the info Pete. Just wondering if you could point me in the right direction on doing basic off hook, send touchtone digits and then hang up the phone? I would be using windows HS3PRO or are you saying forget about way2call support as it has not been ported over to HS3? If the way2call plugin doesn't work in homeseer HS3 then it should be noted in the plugins section. Do you just give way2call script commands to go off hook, dial touchtone digits and then command to go onhook?
          How complicated is the scripting for this? I have seen no scripting tutorials or anything regarding scripting examples for HS3? Rick

Comment

Here is a basic few lines that I used in Homeseer 2. Not sure that this works in Homeseer 3.

1 - basic off hook

&HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H14,&H0

2 - send touchtone CID / number

&HSP.HIPSendLocalCID 1,"test","5551234567"

3 - go onhook

&HSP.HIPcmd 1,&H04,&H0

Attached is a W2Call API from a long time ago.

Way2Call use was ported over to the Windows version of HS3 as mentioned before. I have not run HS3 in Windows since early on; then switched over to Linux.

How complicated is the scripting for this?

Not at all complicated.

I have seen no scripting tutorials or anything regarding scripting examples for HS3?

Because it is still illegal to spoof numbers and CID stuff even though most spam/spoofing callers these days are doing it and totally disregarding do not call lists et al. It has become worst over the last few years. The problem source according to Consumer Reports are the telco vendors and cellular vendors.
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Rick,
              You can find all the scripting commands in the HS3 help file under Scripting=>Phone. You can access the help file here:
              https://homeseer.com/support/homesee...lp/default.htm
              If you have an old PC around, you might want to consider just buying the HS3 software. It will run fine on an XP machine with a Pentium.
              Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Pete,

I looked through the homeseer scripting commands for hs3 and have a question regarding your script post. In the off hook part what are &H14 and &H0 and in the on hook part what are &H04 and &H0 commands for and where did you find them? I looked through the homeseer scripting guide and no clue where the above statements or values came from and what they mean. Any clarification on these values is much appreciated. Thanks Much !!!!!!!! Rick

Comment

@Rick,

Got the commands here on the forum from a Homeseer 2 user many many years ago. Guessing though these commands came from the Way to Call API which I looked for and just found and attached. It is dated 2008.
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Rick,
                    You might find it possible to do what you want just using the HS scripting commands for phone. In the HS3 help, look under Scripting => Phone. Take a look at LineAnswerLocal [see the example at the bottom], LineSendTones, and LineHangup. This avoids needing to use the HIPcmd function. I can't do it right now, but I'll try writing a little test script this afternoon and will post the results here.

Failing that, the &H values mean "send hex value". So &H0 would mean "send hex value 0 to the W2C. You can find all the values in the file Pete attached, but they're expressed differently. For example, to find &H14, do a search in the file for 0x0014. [BTW, you'll find that means "ringer start"]

You can find a pretty good explanation in this post:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...4&postcount=19

Hope that helps!
                    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Rick,

Here's a little test script that works with my W2C and HS3.

'Test_Phone_Ring.vb - Take phone off-hook, dial digits, hang-up

Sub Main (ByVal Parms As Object)

hs.WriteLogEx("Phone ring test", "Start", "#008000")

hsp.LINEScriptHasControl(1, TRUE) 'take script control of line 1
                      hsp.LINEAnswerLocal(1) 'answer line 1 in local mode
                      hsp.WaitMS(1000) 'wait 1 second
                      hsp.LineSendtones(1, "1234", 50) 'send DTMF tones 1,2,3,4 to line 1 with 50 millisecond tone duration
                      hsp.WaitMS(1000) 'wait 1 second
                      hsp.LINEReset(1) 'disconnect call and reset line

hs.WriteLogEx("Phone ring test", "End", "#008000")
                      End Sub
                      BTW, if your old HS phone modem is still working, this might work with that without needing a W2C! Even though the old phone modem is no longer sold, the support for it still exists in HS3 scripting. Biggest question would be if you can find drivers for it.
                      Fred

Comment

ITGuyHS,

Thanks much for the information !!!! Got a way2call unit from one of the great persons on these forums. I am just now starting to set it up. I will just be using it to plug the phone line into it. No phones will be plugged in at this time. I have the lattest hometroller S6 PRO System and I believe it has Windows 7 on it. Does the system come with the way2call drivers installed and if not where would I obtain them and how would they be installed? Also, can I just power the way2call through the usb connection to the hometroller as I am just doing minimal touchtone testing with it at the moment with no phones connected? Last question is does hs3 on the hometroller S6 PRO support homeseer phone using way2call desktop unit or does everything need to be custom scripted? Again thanks much for all the information and help and will be setting everything up and testing very soon....Rick

Comment

Rick,
                          You'll need the W2C drivers from here:
                          https://www.way2call.com/scripts/ope...are%20download

While you're on that page, get the "Quick Reference Guide Short Manual" [it's way down the page]. Do not attempt the firmware update! If you don't use the right one, or if you do it from anything other than a Windows XP machine, you'll "brick" your W2C!

I've attached a copy of the old installation guide for HS.

Powering the W2C via USB isn't recommended, but I've seen posts on the forum saying it's been done.

HS3 supports basic HSphone functions [address book, call blocking, answer machine, etc.] without any additional scripting. You might want to check out this thread for some fairly advanced examples:
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172265

Let me know if you have any other questions.
                          Attached Files
                          Fred

Comment

Thanks much ITguyHS !!!!!! You and Pete have been very helpfull !!!! Rick

Comment

You're welcome, Rick. I think HSphone with the W2C is definitely under-appreciated!
                              Fred

Comment

Working...
                              X