Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LGTV Plugin

Hi all,

Abut a year or two ago, a plugin was posted here to control LG TVs. I searched the board (using its search tools and using Google) and can't find the threads associated with this plugin. Does anyone know what happened to it?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=939553. How about this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp, that's not it. They were actual plugins.

A Google search (site:board.homeseer.com lgtv plugin) shows a link to a thread that's no longer on the board: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1023291.

Thanks
      Al

Comment

I think MrHappy pulled the plugin, by removing the forum thread.

Maybe when I get home over the weekend I can send it to you I Mr has nothing against it.

Also, I hope someone picks this up for HS3.

Comment

It was getting a bit of a nightmare because there were different versions (about 4/5 of them) for different TV's and foolishly I did not really make a note of which change were for which TV. I still have the source code if you did want it but I really don't know which source code is for which TV (I did not actually have an LG TV). It's doubtful I would port it to HS3 but there is really nothing to it and it does not need to be a plugin, the exact same functionality could be done from a script and devices in HS3.

Comment

Thanks Markus and Adam,

I was also going to ask about HS3 support. I have copies of the various HS2 Plugins and the source code, although I stopped using the plugin along with most other 3p Plugins to improve stability of my HS2 system. Now that I've started my slow migration to HS3 3, I was looking to add the additional functionality. I'll take a look at scripting it instead.

Cheers
            Al

Comment

Mr Happy, your plug in still works great for me, did you ever get it working with HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                Mr Happy, your plug in still works great for me, did you ever get it working with HS3?
                Jim - I never tried as I never had a LG TV so had no need for it (didn't I write it as a favour for you trying one of my plugins?), I probably still have the source code but it would take a good few hours (probably two days full time) to convert which I am afraid I don't have as it has absolutely no benefit to me. If you want the source code to try yourself you are welcome to it but in reality it is overly complicated to have a plugin for this purpose as a script would perform just as well. You could also use something like the Serial+IP plugin by drule to send serial commands.

Comment

yes it was for me you did the plug in, and it's working great, could you share the source code so I can try and get it working with HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
                    yes it was for me you did the plug in, and it's working great, could you share the source code so I can try and get it working with HS3?
                    I mean certainly and here it is - I know however that there is just as much effort needed to convert it as there would be to write another one, the methods in HS have completely changed and in reality it would be simpler to do this in a script because you wouldn't need to worry about event actions as it could be handled in devices alone.
                    Last edited by mrhappy; January 18, 2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Mr.Happy if you get this developed keep us in the loop! IR control feels so antiquated!

Comment

Working...
                      X