Imperihome on Kindle Fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperihome on Kindle Fire?

Imperihome is very laggy on an original iPad mini. I see that the fire 7" is on sale for $39/ with offers.

Is anyone running imperihome on that fire tablet? If so, how well is is running?
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Though it doesn't completely answer your question; Imperihome is not available on the Amazon App store, so I believe that the device would have to be rooted to install the playstore and imperihome.

Maybe others can shed some light on that particular subject?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered one to try it. I did find imperihome in their app store.

https://www.amazon.com/ImperiHome/dp/B00CLY3EL0
      -Tim

Way2 Call
      Elk M1 Gold
      UPB HAI switches
      HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

The Imperihome App is on the Amazon App store, for android, not Kindle. But if you are going to root, then should be all good.

Edit: If I am missing something, please let me know. I would love to know if you can get this working on a Kindle (in the US) that is not rooted. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by rxatwell View Post
          The Imperihome App is on the Amazon App store, for android, not Kindle. But if you are going to root, then should be all good.

Edit: If I am missing something, please let me know. I would love to know if you can get this working on a Kindle (in the US) that is not rooted. Cheers!
          My $39 Fire arrived today. You are right, ImperiHome is not in the kindle App Store.

I was pretty easy to side load the Play Store app and get access to ImperiHome without rooting.

So far it's working great. The android version has much better features than the IOS version. And it works much better than on my original iPad mini.
          -Tim

Way2 Call
          Elk M1 Gold
          UPB HAI switches
          HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Can you post some directions or a link on how you got the play store loaded?

Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by techguy76 View Post
              Can you post some directions or a link on how you got the play store loaded?

Thx.
              I followed this video.

https://youtu.be/uAIBOXzeEk4
              -Tim

Way2 Call
              Elk M1 Gold
              UPB HAI switches
              HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Originally posted by email68 View Post
                I followed this video.

https://youtu.be/uAIBOXzeEk4
                Awesome, thank you! I'll give this a try.

Comment

So far it's really working great on the kindle. I had to cover a hole in the wall from an old stargate keypad so I decided to build a frame for it out of some molding. There was a cat5 in the wall already said I picked a POE USB injector to power it.

I have it set to blank the screen and turn on with motion on the camera. It picks me up from across the room. Now I'm thinking of getting the 10" kindle for downstairs.
                  Attached Files
                  -Tim

Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

I've had it running on about 6 or 7 Kindles around the house for several months now. It works great.

Comment

So far it's really working great on the kindle. I had to cover a hole in the wall from an old stargate keypad so I decided to build a frame for it out of some molding. There was a cat5 in the wall already said I picked a POE USB injector to power it.

I have it set to blank the screen and turn on with motion on the camera. It picks me up from across the room. Now I'm thinking of getting the 10" kindle for downstairs.
                      Looks great. I would like to do something similar and just started running ImperiHome over the weekend.

I can't get the screen to wake on camera motion. Anything special that you had to change to get it working? I am also having trouble getting the tablet to work with spoken information from my main computer. My tablets are rooted.

Comment

Got the wake for motion and spoken information features working, I needed the paid app instead of the freebie...

Comment

This looks really nice.
                          Did you make your own wall mount cover and backplate?
                          I am thinking of using the fire too but not sure how i would permanently and securely wall mount it. I don't like those stick on clips where anyone can walk away with the tablet.

cheers.

Comment

Thanks!

I just made the frame out of some scrap molding. I was inspired by this guy, who obviously has better woodworking skills than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vTRyHy048

I already had a cat5 in the wall from before so I used this POE injector for power. http://amzn.to/29jBJAw

So far so good!
                            -Tim

Way2 Call
                            Elk M1 Gold
                            UPB HAI switches
                            HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

Thanks for the detailed explanation and updates.
                              I am not as skilled as you in woodworking, so have to come up with something else, .
                              Kindle+imperihome sure seems the way to go and opens a lot of ideas.

cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X