Homeseer Zee S2 Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Zee S2 Controller

This controller can definitely control X10 but can it work with IFTTT and Alexa? If not, what minimum Homeseer hardware/software do I need to work with X10, IFTTT and Alexa? Thanks Much....Rick

Yes it will work with X10, IFTTT and Alexa.

The RPi3-HS3 device specifications are:
    • SoC: Broadcom BCM2837 (roughly 50% faster than the Pi 2)
    • CPU: 1.2 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
    • GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz.
    • Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM.
    • USB ports: 4.
    • Network: 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0.

It runs HS3 in Jessie using Mono.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete,

Do you know if the third part plugin for the Ocelots/Leopard 1 works with this hardware? Also do I need separate plugins (up to 5) to handle x10, ifttt and alexa or is this capability built in? I have pretty minimal requirements so this might be a good way to go for me and I am familiar with raspberry pi. Does this hardware also allow control from android or iphone and does it work with HSToich !!!!!!! Thanks again.....Rick

Comment

Here tested my old Ocelot with the 3rd party Oclelot plug to work fine.

It is here

GTS CPUXA Ocelot Plug-in (3P)

Alexa / HSTouch are built in now and not considered plugins.

X10 works great. I have not tested IFTTT.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Relating to the Zee-2 running Jessie. Ideally you want to get familiar with Linux commands in general to use it. It will be much easier to use having a bit of Linux knowledgebase.

For using remote windows tools for Linux here I utilize:

1 - putty
          2 - winscp
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Is ifttt supposed to work with zee s2 controller? I assume if it is and it works with other linux controllers, it should work on this one. Would I be correct in assuming this?

What particular x10 hardware do you use to control x10 with the zee s2 controller.

Do you know if the homeseer rcs thermostat works with this controller and linux?

Also wondering if I can use android and ios phones to remotely control my devices with the zee s2 controller?

Thanks again for all your help !!!!!! Rick

Comment

Would I be correct in assuming this?

yes

CM11A direct and TW523 via Ocelot.

Do you know if the homeseer rcs thermostat works with this controller and linux?

I do not know.

so wondering if I can use android and ios phones to remotely control my devices with the zee s2 controller?

yes
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thaks again !!!! I have some experience with the raspberry pi and linux but a bare minimum. I have several books on the raspberry pi so that is a good thing !!!!!! I will check with homeseer regarding ifttt on the zee s2 controller. Rick

Comment

Zee S2 Loses Time

I had a brand new Zee S2. It is on the Internet and there are no fire wall issues preventing it from keeping its clock in sync, but, it does not. Tonight was 35 minutes slow. If i go to the "run Linux Command window and run sudo sntp -s 24.56.178.140, voila, the time is then in sync. I'm not a programmer (anymore) and would like a plug in that can run a linux command or run a script that contains multiple commands. Can someone provide me a plug in that will run sudo sntp -s 24.56.178.140 4 time a day? Willing to pay for it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Install ntp on it by:

sudo apt-get install ntp

also

sudo apt-get install ntpdate

Your time should be fine afterwards.

Here on the original Zee S2 I installed a PiFace RTC which has a battery backed up clock.

You can add a time sync that occurs every day with cron.

sudo crontab -e

# Daily time update at 1:23AM
                    23 1 * * * ntpdate -s server1 [server2 ...]
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

You can create a script in the directories
                      /etc/cron.hourly/
                      /etc/cron.daily/
                      /etc/cron.weekly/

to run a command daily, weekly, monthly respectively.

However its possible you have a network configuration issue that could cause other issues down the road. Do you know if name services are working? If not, ntp won't run, nor will you be able to run the Homeseer updater.

To test, try the following two commands:

nslookup homeseer.com
                      (this is a lookup of the IP address of homeseer.com)

nslookup 24.56.178.140
                      (this is a reverse lookup of the hostname you've been using as your time server).

1st one should return something like this:
                      Code:
                      $ nslookup homeseer.com
                      Server:         192.168.1.1
                      Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
                      Name:   homeseer.com
                      Address: 45.32.195.211
                      2nd one:
                      Code:
                      $ nslookup 24.56.178.140
                      Server:         192.168.1.1
                      Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
                      140.178.56.24.in-addr.arpa      name = host-24-56-178-140.beyondbb.com.

Authoritative answers can be found from:

Comment

Working...
                      X