Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a Windows Phone?

Hi all,

So I see all this chatter about FindMyPhone for iPhone. I have a Windows phone and, before all of you laugh, I will say that I have been using it for over a year (Windows Mobile 8.1 since it was in Preview), and it is mostly great. I also use an iPad and come from an iPhone. Both platforms have their quirks, happy spots, and fails.

Anyway, Microsoft provides a feature similar to FindMyPhone. In addition, you can have the website "ping" your phone, where the phone will ring with a special ring at a loud volume (regardless of what the volume is set at locally). This is useful, for example, if it is stuck in the chair or couch somewhere and you can't find it.

Is anyone aware of any APIs to this function that could be made into an HS script or plugin? I did some searching but didn't come up with anything. Thought I'd crowdsource this and ask people who know more things than I do.

hjk
    ---

There is NO available API for this as far as I know.

But what you could do is macro the web page calls from windowsphone.com and potentially do it "semi-automated"...

ask for it:
    https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...re-suggestions

autohotkey comes to mind to provide a "working" solution... think:

1. open a browser
    2. open a private window (no cookies,etc)
    3. log into windowsphone.com
    4. go to the find my phone "tab"
    5. ring your phone

now if that was an autohotkey "macro" -- it could potentially be called by HS for running on demand..................

not saying this is a good solution, but...

Comment

Working...
    X