• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't forget to try the delayed commands, such as:

Tell HomeSeer to turn on the outside lights for ten minutes

or

Tell HomeSeer to in ten seconds, turn on the hallway light for ten seconds

You could tell HomeSeer to dim the lights as well:

Tell HomeSeer to dim the lights to ten percent for ninety minutes (to watch a movie)
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

i tested this, it said it was going to do it but never did, and i can control the light just fine

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
      Don't forget to try the delayed commands, such as:

Tell HomeSeer to turn on the outside lights for ten minutes

or

Tell HomeSeer to in ten seconds, turn on the hallway light for ten seconds

You could tell HomeSeer to dim the lights as well:

Tell HomeSeer to dim the lights to ten percent for ninety minutes (to watch a movie)
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Wade,
        I updated, and it works better but I'm really having trouble with it recognizing some of my device names. I thought perhaps it was mis-understanding me so I opened the Elexa account page and observed the cards. It was interpreting my device exactly as it is, but still would say that it cannot find a device with that name. I must be missing something. My devices have no floor, just room and name. The room is "Art Work" and the device is "French Tapestry"
        Homeseer log would show:
        Speak (json:

And the Elexa log would say:
        2/16/2016 7:11:45 PM - Text sent: https://connected2.homeseer.com/JSON...nd&phrase=turn on art work french tapestry

Alexa heard: "tell homeseer to turn on art work french tapestry" (it was quite creepy when I clicked on the above statement on the Alexa card, only to hear my own voice speak the command. I didn't know it recorded this stuff)

I did have the initial issue or the word "Artwork" and Alexa could only see it as "Art Work" so I changed the room name to "Art Work". Still getting "cannot find device"
        I did try the multiple commands like you suggested on devices I could get to work and those worked well and I did get events running so it's not a problem across the board.

Any ideas of what I am missing?
        Thanks!
        John

PS, I just went back to the Amazon Echo integration page and studied the commands. Could it be I am missing "the"?
        For instance
        tell homeseer to turn on THE art work french tapestry
        Thinking back (i'm at work now so can't try yet) but I think I might have been inconsistent on using the word "The" when describing devices..

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
        It's 241.

Rich has uploaded it, be he hasn't posted it yet, as he needs to release the Linux version as well.

I jumped the gun a little..., should be out within the next half hour.

Comment

For me, the echo only responded with 'artwork', rather than 'art work'

Changing the room name to 'artwork' solved the issue.

As a note, I will be editing the code to handle situations where a user has a two word room or floor, but the echo passes it as one name. (we already do devices.)

That will be out in the next build.
          Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
          X