Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller for Homeseer 3 & Homeseer 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gerenb View Post
    I always have a 15-17 second lag before a group of lights turn on or off when I run a script from an event such as the following:

&hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH","(g1,0,1,255,,,,,,,)"

Is this normal behavior? Is there any way to reduce this time? I am running the latest version.
    No it should be instant. If you log the event when it runs, when is the time difference between the log entry and the lights changing?
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt
      memory problem seems to be gone, up 16+ hours..
      will upgrade to 1.0.1.0 tonite
      I think you posted this in the wrong thread
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        I think you posted this in the wrong thread
        oops.... deleted
        Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Comment

Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller

Have a question about script execution Jon.

I have 17 hue lights on my network. I've got scripts that control color changes on the various lights, but a weird thing happens when one script executes after another.

For example, I have two hue lights that are set to ramp to different random colors, which works fine until another script executes to ramp a different set of hue lights to a different set of random colors.

The issue is that the first two lamps will suddenly stop changing colors and just remain at whatever color they were once the second color changing script executes for the other set of lamps.

I tried re-executing the first script to "restart" the first set of lamps, which works but then the second set of lamps stops its color changing cycle. It's seems I can only have one color changing script execution maintain its command at a time. Once another one executes it seems to pause the previous one. Is this normal?

Thanks

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatal

Comment

The client can only process one command when doing effects so when you send a new command, the previous is dropped.

It is not in the docs, but you can run more than one client for this type of scenario. Let me know if you need details.
            Jon

Comment

Jon00 Philips Hue Wi-Fi Lamp Controller

Sure, I'd love to hear the details.

Thanks

Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I got nixed on this idea

Wife says the bulbs are too small to look right in the high hats.
                Hopefully Philips comes out with a bigger bulb...I want this!!!
                HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by gregtee View Post
                  Sure, I'd love to hear the details.

Thanks

Greg
                  To be honest, I have never tried this but it is coded to work with more than one client.

1) Copy the existing Jon00PhilipsHue client directory and contents to another directory.

2) With the second client, open up settings.txt and add the following to the bottom of the file:

clientno=1

Save the file.

3) In your Homeseer config folder, make a copy of Jon00PhilipsHue.ini and call it Jon00PhilipsHue1.ini in the same folder.

4) Run the second client and you should see it connect to Homeseer with client 1.

5) Use &hs.SaveVar "Jon00PH1","<command>") to operate commands using this client. &hs.SaveVar ("Jon00PH","<command>") will continue to work under the existing client.
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                    I got nixed on this idea

Wife says the bulbs are too small to look right in the high hats.
                    Hopefully Philips comes out with a bigger bulb...I want this!!!
                    What wattage bulbs do you currently have in your high hats?

I very much doubt they will ever want to make bulbs bigger - very old fashioned IMO.
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                      What wattage bulbs do you currently have in your high hats?

I very much doubt they will ever want to make bulbs bigger - very old fashioned IMO.
                      Not the wattage...her problem is she thinks the bulbs a physically too small to look right in the high hat. Like the high hat is bigger and there would be a gap inside around the bulb. I might just get the starter set anyways and put them in to see what happens.
                      HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

I'm trying to install the plugin.. All files copied as they should..

BUT when i try to start the client it crashes.

Platform; Windows 7, 64bits

Comment

Originally posted by vanisher View Post
                          I'm trying to install the plugin.. All files copied as they should..

BUT when i try to start the client it crashes.

Platform; Windows 7, 64bits
                          HS2 or 3 ?? correct download for version ?

Comment

Comment

did you follow the set-up instructions ? added IP's and paired unit ?

Comment

Yes

hostadd=192.168.178.201
                                bridgeadd=192.168.178.19

Before you do anything else, please ensure that your lamps are operating correctly with your iPhone or iPad app. This ensures the lamps are correctly registered with the ZigBee IP Bridge.

This step gives me a crash:

Run the Jon00PhilipsHueHS3.exe client by clicking on the shortcut in your Windows startup folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X