Error after hs3 beta update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error after hs3 beta update

When I issue a hs command to my echo i get the response your hs3 system needs to be updated to use this feature of your echo. I'm running the latest hs3 beta.

Originally posted by MStan View Post
    When I issue a hs command to my echo i get the response your hs3 system needs to be updated to use this feature of your echo. I'm running the latest hs3 beta.
    I update to the latest beta 3.0.0.238 and my echo works fine.

Comment

I did no update running version 3.0.0.208 and i am getting the same message from Echo
      Last edited by drmcp; February 11, 2016, 08:59 PM. Reason: added version

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
        I did no update running version 3.0.0.208 and i am getting the same message from Echo
        so i did the beta update to fix Echo, now she can't find any devices i had working before

Comment

I had to tick the "Voice command:" check box for each device.

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
          so i did the beta update to fix Echo, now she can't find any devices i had working before

Comment

I didn't do the update at all and received the same voice prompt. I was a little surprised as I haven't seen any traffic on this topic indicating that the skill required an update.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
              I had to tick the "Voice command:" check box for each device.
              Strange, I did as you did and it worked twice just great, but now I get can't find any devices everytime..

Comment

I am running 217 and the echo voice commands have been fine for weeks...suddenly yesterday I too get the notice I have to upgrade my HS3 software.

Comment

Apologies to those of you who were using the previously released Echo Skill, we are working on an email to send out to you.

We decided to update the Skill and it was released yesterday. While some of you had the skill working ok, most users (including myself!) could not get it to work. The problem was that the skill contains all the phrases and words that Alexa must listen for (jnlcuding event names and trigger phrases). This is a problem since there is no way we can add all the words that match your device names/locations/events. The new skill released yesterday simply passes the raw phrase that was spoken to HS. HS then does all the phrase parsing based on the names of your devices. This is a magnitude better. It also gives us control of the phrasing so we can update as needed.

To get your voice commands working again, update to build 3.0.0.239 or later. If you do not want to load a Beta, hold off for a few days as we plan on releasing this build ASAP.

You will probably need to disable and re-enable the skill.

Details on the phrases are here:

http://homeseer.com/amazon-echo-integration.html
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

When I issue a hs command to my echo i get the response your hs3 system needs to be updated to use this feature of your echo. I'm running the latest hs3 beta

Comment

Another thread touched on this problem...there's a 239 update you should grab, then make sure for each device you have been controlling in your HS setup that you now tick the checkbox for Voice Control for that device...obligatory now, didn't seem to matter before.

That update and ticking the boxes have my physical Echo/Alexa back to controlling HS3 without getting the Alexa error saying I needed to update.

Comment

Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
                        Another thread touched on this problem...there's a 239 update you should grab, then make sure for each device you have been controlling in your HS setup that you now tick the checkbox for Voice Control for that device...obligatory now, didn't seem to matter before.

That update and ticking the boxes have my physical Echo/Alexa back to controlling HS3 without getting the Alexa error saying I needed to update.
                        Did all of the above same issue. What do I have to update i'm running the S6 if that makes any difference.

Comment

Check to make sure you running HS 3.0.0.239, check the about page. If you are, also disable and re-enable the HS skill. If still not working, post the exact message you are getting back.

Also, it might be caching your version number, try restarting HS, as that will cause the system to re-connect to the service and update your version #.

Did all of the above same issue. What do I have to update i'm running the S6 if that makes any difference.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Three basics steps to be back up and running are:

1. Disable, then re-enable your HomeSeer skill.

2. Update your HS3 system to at least version 239, then restart HomeSeer.

3. Make sure any devices you wish to control are 'Voice Command' enabled.
                            This is done by going to the configuration tab of the device and enabling 'Voice Command'.
                            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Check to make sure you running HS 3.0.0.239, check the about page. If you are, also disable and re-enable the HS skill. If still not working, post the exact message you are getting back.

Also, it might be caching your version number, try restarting HS, as that will cause the system to re-connect to the service and update your version #.
                              Did all of above when i issue a HS command to the echo it responds with

Yout hs3 system needs to be updated with version 3.0.0.239 or later to use this feature of your echo.

And it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X