Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    This one should still work fine

Great. I'll update tomorrow. If there are any hiccups left hopefully we can nail them down.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

OK, so I've begun testing .39 and I've tried to start right from scratch. To begin I did the following:

-I had multiple active calendars so to begin I removed all unnecessary calendars and only had one active in the plug-in named 'Main'.
      - I DELETED all handlers from the plug-in and created one called 'TEST' looking for the word 'TEST' in the calendar. The Handler controls a virtual device and toggles it on/off
      -Deleted the existing log file and enabled logging.

I started with a simple event a few minutes long to see if it fired with and without offsets. I neglected to recall that as soon as the 'After' offset is removed and saved, the 'Use End Time' check box disappears. The handler worked at the time of the event but didn't control at the end. Interesting enough, as soon as I made the change in the handler to have an 'After offset of 1 minute, the log shows that the end event fired. I reset the times on the event to try it again as a 2 minute event, but the after command did not work again. I then made the event an hour long, starting before the current time and ending within a few minutes, which also did not work.

I then set the Before and After offset time to 1 minute and created a 1 minute long calendar event. I would have the handler fire twice with a Before offset, once on the Before offset time and once at the actual event start time. In this scenario, the After offset did work. I tested this twice successfully. The double fire (Before offset time and actual start time) was consistent with all the tests.

I then created the calendar event on the next day and set the offset to test it in the previous day (current day), which worked.

I created an event on yesterday's date and tried to get it to fire today with the After offset spanning over midnight, but it would not work. I am going to build the event again so the Handler fires on today and off tomorrow as I think building an event in the past may be the problem. I also tried building a current event and having the handler fire on, then adjust the times of the event into the past which also did not work.

I then created a multi-day event called OTHER and a Handler turning a virtual switch on/off with Before and After commands. I wanted to test if a second handler would work correctly if another calendar event was active. I got the 'OTHER' handler fired on and created another TEST event. This tested successfully using one minute offsets. I built another handler named STACK again controlling a virtual switch on/off to see if multiples affected function which it did not. I then removed those calendar events and disabled the handlers.

As it was getting late in the evening, I created another event that had an After offset that would fire after midnight. This did not work.

I concluded testing for the evening and will test an all day event when I can run it without other handlers interfering. I have submitted the log in the help desk.

Comment

Blade

Do you have a different way of getting this log file to you? I keep timing out trying to attach the log file to the help desk ticket.

Comment

If you have dropbox, send me a link to it and I will download it
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            If you have dropbox, send me a link to it and I will download it
            Check your blade9123 email, link should be there

Comment

Originally posted by Vodden View Post
              OK, so I've begun testing .39 and I've tried to start right from scratch. ...
              @blade, I can confirm that .39 did not trigger the After handler on the All-Day or Multi-Day calendar events when there was another Multi-Day event also on the calendar spanning the same days.

The good news is that I have not seen .39 trigger the Before handler a day early when i had 2 multi-day events on the google calendar (which .38 did do sometimes).

Debug log and test case setup info are in my help desk ticket #1072. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post

The good news is that I have not seen .39 trigger the Before handler a day early when i had 2 multi-day events on the google calendar (which .38 did do sometimes).
                I have not had events trigger a day early either. I missed the midnight cutoff for an all-day event on/off test, so I will try and get it tomorrow

Comment

So far so good. A multi day event didn't trigger 24 hours early.

Comment

@S-F would you be so kind and you post a few examples of your working Handlers for the less inclined HS3 user (me). I've used BLGData extract my calendar day(s) events to speak for various announcements but I have not figured out what handlers do for me and how to make the work. Mike
                    Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                    Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                    HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                      @S-F would you be so kind and you post a few examples of your working Handlers for the less inclined HS3 user (me). I've used BLGData extract my calendar day(s) events to speak for various announcements but I have not figured out what handlers do for me and how to make the work. Mike

Well, one example is:

I have my work schedule in my calendar. If I work early the next morning I have a handler that turns on a work early tomorrow virtual device. If I'm not in bed (as determined by a bed occupancy sensor) by a certain time HS reminds me to get some sleep. Also when the morning comes the next day HS wakes me up when the same VD is on. Really the possibilities are unlimited.

Comment

Well, one example is:

I have my work schedule in my calendar. If I work early the next morning I have a handler that turns on a work early tomorrow virtual device. If I'm not in bed (as determined by a bed occupancy sensor) by a certain time HS reminds me to get some sleep. Also when the morning comes the next day HS wakes me up when the same VD is on. Really the possibilities are unlimited
                        @S-F, thanxs for the comeback. Per chance can you post either a screen shot or what commands that you used in you example above? Thanxs in advance. I believe I have an idea of how you were able to perform your example but more clues would help a lot..

Are you using various codes/words within your calendar to look-up for the trigger(s)? Mike

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Attached Is a screenshot of the work handler I described. When I work I make a calendar entry entitled something like "Work so and so location" so the trigger word is "Work". It turns on and off some virtual devices.
                          Attached Files

Comment

@S-F, thanxs for the screenshot... If I understand what you provided it (bear with me, nubie)

Trigger Phrase: Self explanatory

Offset Values:
                            Before: 840 or 14 hours
                            After: 1
                            Use End Time: How is this used?

Before/After Commands:
                            VD “Wakeup Colin In the Morning” set to On
                            VD “Colin Work” set to On

I’m assuming that the above VD gets set to On, 840 minutes before the Event time?

After Commands:
                            VD “Wakeup Colin In the Morning” set to Off
                            VD “Colin Work” set to Off

I’m assuming that the above VD gets set to Off 1 minutes after the Event time?

Enabled: I’m assuming that if deselected that this Handler is non-operational?

Comment

You've got everything right. The end time offset is just like you say. It will run the end commands however many minutes after the calendar event finishes.

Comment

@S-F, thanxs for confirmation. Last question (famous last words ) I take it that events that are all day events trigger at 12:00am and end at 23:59? So I would assume that one has to figure out the Before and After off-sets? Mike

A little slow.. the light bulb is dimly lighting! I figured out that the Use End Time is the anchor point which in the above example would be 23:59.

Comment

Working...
                                X