errors when uploading to Mega

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errors when uploading to Mega

Hello Greig, I'm sure it's just a late night brain off issue... but perhaps not...

I am running 1.0.0.131, I'm using the 1.6.8 IDE.

The plugin page says this: Available Sketch Version = 1.0.0.127, API Version = API1.0.0.118

When I down load the sketch, it complies fine, but when I go to upload it - I see these errors in the IDE interface.

The board connects and will operate, but also randomly disconnects.

I had changed the .ino file name from the generic HomeseerBoard1.ino TO HomeseerBoard1_168.ino, because I have a few scripts for two different systems (the older one needs to stay at an earlier version). Not sure if the file name change perhaps is related to these errors? :

Code:
    C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:19:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

char* Version = "1.0.0.127";

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino: In function 'void InputCheck()':

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:133:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" I ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:135:15: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino: At global scope:

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:148:29: warning: narrowing conversion of '-1' from 'int' to 'byte {aka unsigned char}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

byte OutPinArray[40] = { -1 };

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:151:43: warning: narrowing conversion of '-1' from 'int' to 'long unsigned int' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

unsigned long previousOutMillis[40] = { -1};

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino: In function 'void AnalogueCheck()':

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:209:19: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" A ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:211:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino: In function 'void OneWireCheck()':

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:277:21: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" Rom ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:280:50: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

if (tempDeviceAddress[i] < 16) Send("0");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:283:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino: In function 'void DataEvent()':

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:512:21: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" I ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:514:19: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:523:24: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Version ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:525:17: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:527:20: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send(" HS3");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:530:26: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Connected ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:686:22: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Alive ");

^

C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\HomeseerBoard1_168\HomeseerBoard1_168.ino:712:25: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

Send("Reseting ");

^

Sketch uses 23,468 bytes (9%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
    Global variables use 1,605 bytes (19%) of dynamic memory, leaving 6,587 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
    avrdude: stk500v2_recv(): checksum error
    avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1f16
             0xfc != 0xde
    avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts,
    Dave

Did you download the libraries from the config page for v1.0.0.131 and place them in the libraries folder for your IDE installation, replacing all that were there?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Hi Rprade, thank you for the reply.

Yes - although, when I let the 168 installer remove the previous IDE, the Libraries folder was present but empty. I checked to see what libraries were available in the 168 IDE and didn't see any of the "old" ones. Then opened the zip and dragged them over... then they appeared in the list of available libraries.

Dave

Comment

Most of your log is warnings that will not affect the upload but the avrdude errors are a little strange. I would reinstall the IDE as I have not seen the checksum error before.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Thanks Greig,

Finally got a chance to try it again... re-install didn't improve anything... but killing Kaspersky for a few minutes resulted in the same log, but no AVRDUDE entries after.

It seems stable now also.

Another example of something like AV s/w getting in the way (of a serial transaction none the less!)

Hopefully this helps someone else running into this issue down the road!

dave

Comment

Working...
          X