This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices returning to Default Room

Every few hours, random devices will move back to Default Room. I have also determined that stopping and starting the the Homekit Bridge Plugin will cause the same issue. Any reason why this is happening or is it a bug?

Havent seen this yet and no one has reported this behavior before. The only thing I can imagine that will cause that if devices are sometimes not available to the plugin and disappear to reappear later on.
    Do you have any kind of plugins or events that change your devices?

Comment

Not that I am aware of. I have the following installed in addition to Homekit Bridge:

BLLock (for my security locks)
      DSC Security (for reading my alarm sensors)
      HSTouch Server
      MyQ (Garage Doors)
      Nest (Thermostats)
      Z-Wave

I've also found another way to guarantee it will happen. All I have to do is go add any (new) device by editing its Properties --> HomeKit Bridge Tab, and adding it as a lightbulb service and clicking save. It will add the new device, and the device that was most recently added (previous to the one we're adding now) will move to the default room.

Mike

Comment

That is really strange. The device is still reachable?
        Unfortunately grouping devices in zones and rooms is something that is done on the phone and not in the plugin. The plugin only publishes the devices it knows as a simple list ungrouped. The plugin isn't aware of these rooms and zones (protocol issue). Otherwise I would have included the HS group and room names.
        What app do you use?

Comment

The default "Home" app in iOS.

Comment

I did some research on this by the way. There are many things that can cause this problem, but the most likely culprit is that homekit thinks the device is a new device, meaning its identifier changed. Is there anyway you know of that I can check this since the Home app doesn't let me see anything under the hood.

Comment

You can tap-hold the device and click details. At the bottom are the details you are looking for (serial number). The plugin uses the HS id for accessories. If another Id was used it shouldn't come up at all anymore since the plugin can't match any config settings then.
              What else did you find?

Comment

I've seen this phenomena too when changing properties to a newly added HS device. A few seconds after the properties are saved all is reverted back to default. The second time the properties are changed they stick.

Comment

Working...
                X