Keypadlinc button values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypadlinc button values

I'm noticing a lot of my keypadlinc buttons are showing no named values.

It is because their value is set to 255, but you have defined the keypadlinc buttons as 0=off, 100=on, with a range in between.

Shouldn't the keypadlinc buttons just be ON/OFF, so 0/255 only?

Will this affect functionality at all? Or is it just a display issue in the device list?

Tim

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
    I'm noticing a lot of my keypadlinc buttons are showing no named values.

It is because their value is set to 255, but you have defined the keypadlinc buttons as 0=off, 100=on, with a range in between.

Shouldn't the keypadlinc buttons just be ON/OFF, so 0/255 only?

Will this affect functionality at all? Or is it just a display issue in the device list?

Tim
    I think I need a little more information. Keypadlincs are strange devices and there's really 4 button types:

KeypadLinc dimmer load button
    KeypadLinc relay load button
    KeypadLinc dimmer non-load button
    KeypadLinc relay non-load button

Dimmers set the range between 0 and 100% so full on = 100. They should be automatically doing the conversion between percentage and Insteon level.

Relays use 0/255 to indicate on/off.

For the load buttons, status/value pairs get defined to equate the values to on/off (and Dim% for dimmers). Non-load buttons don't get any status/value pairs defined and just rely on the internal HS mappings.

I just have dimmer keypadlincs and they seem to be displaying properly on my system. Which type of button is showing up with no named value?

I'm assuming that you mean that it's the device management page status field that's blank.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I think this attachment tells the story. All the buttons that are off say OFF, since 0 is assigned as the state "OFF". All the buttons that say nothing are shown as being at maximum dim. If you open the devices, they show a numerical value of 255.

But all the buttons are on, show a definition of 0 as OFF, 100 as ON, and 1-99 as the dimmable range.

I don't know the answer. I just wanted to point it out in case it was some kind of mistake. If I use a trigger that says "when device A changes to ON," and the device turns ON to 255 yet ON is defined as 100, will that trigger work?

I haven't had any triggers not working as expected, but 99.9% of my lighting logic is in the ISY, where I run all my programs to handle lighting and such.

I just thought it might impact people who use light levels in HS to run events.

(I actually do use some keypad linc button SENDS ON triggers and they work fine. Or do they? Perhaps your definition of the ON state not matching the 255 value of the device is causing those multiple triggers I'm seeing on keypadlinc buttons?)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by timlacey; June 2, 2017, 12:12 AM. Reason: adding details

Comment

Hi Tim,

I see the problem. Only the first button (5A) should have the on/off/toggle/slider controls and have the 0/100 values. All the other buttons should be configured differently. At least that's my understanding. I don't actually have any 8 button keypads, all of mine are the 6 button variety.

My understanding is that button A controls a physically attached load which is what makes it different. How button A vs. other buttons are handled is quite different.

Because A has a load, it can actually be controlled remotely. I.E. the ISY can send commands to on/off/dim/brighten the load. For all the other buttons it's not possible to send commands directly to them. Thus in the HS interface those buttons should not have the on/off/toggle/slider controls.

So I may have something wrong in the code that initializes those devices. Can you get the actual model number for that keypad? It should show up on the ISY console as something like "(2486D) Keypadlinc Dimmer v.29".

This shouldn't have any effect on the triggers as those messages actually have the command string (on vs. off) in the message.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I did some testing with my 6 button keypads and they are getting configured correctly. I also made the plug-in group the keypad buttons together.

It seems like maybe the 8 button keypads (or is it just new 8 button keypads) aren't getting configured correctly and each button is getting configured as a generic dimmer device.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I did find a couple of keypadlinc devices missing from my list. If you update to 3.0.0.42, then delete the keypad buttons and restart the plug-in, it should re-create the keypadlinc devices, hopefully correctly this time.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

The keypadlinc in question is a 2334-2

I just installed the 42 plug-in

I notice now that I didn't have to delete and re-create my devices. But the status levels for the button devices are now undefined and seem to just work. I haven't tried triggers or actions yet, but the status looks correct.

I've attached the devices for the "palapa keypadlinc" now that I've upgraded to v42

I then deleted the keypadlinc and restarted homeseer, and it built it the same way, so I guess your plug-in is updating the existing devices already just fine.
              Attached Files

Comment

Good, that looks correct now so it was one of the 2 new product codes that I added.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                X