settings
    scheduler.dll
    HSCF.DILL
    homelier API.dll
    soundvolumeview.exe
    jon00AudioControl.exe

are in the Devices\jon00\audiocontrol folder

Comment

I think you have completely misinterpreted the instructions.

Copy the supplied image files to your Homeseer HS3\html\images\Devices\jon00\audiocontrol folder. This will need to be created.

So what this means is to create this folder and then place the 8 image files (ending in .png) to this folder. They are included in the download file.

If you unzip the download file to a temporary directory; preserving the file structure, you will where things are meant to be located.

The files you have listed above should be in a folder called Jon00AudioControl i.e. C:\Jon00AudioControl.

Please read the installation instructions again.
      Jon

Comment

thanks for all your help it is now working correctly will try to follow thing better

Comment

For some reason the "settings.txt" file will not extract correctly.

Thanks,
          Tim
          Attached Files
          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Odd, I've just tried it with 2 different unzip programs and it works fine here.

I've attached settings.txt
            Attached Files
            Jon

Comment

yer I just tried to download it and it seems something strange...I can open the file on my MAC but not my PC.

Comment

I've just tried the download zip on:

7-Zip
                WinRAR
                Windows built in zip

All unpack the file correctly.

Are you sure your A/V has not tried to remove the packed exe file?
                Jon

Comment

more than likely something silly like that...its no worries...soon worked around it.

Comment

I'm trying to use this plugin on a Windows 11 HS4 server and a Windows 10 speaker client. I realize this plugin is marked 'unknown' as to whether it works on HS4, and so far, it doesn't, at least not for me (yet). I actually followed the directions (!), and verified that all expected files are in the Jon00AudioControl folder of the Client C:\ drive. I placed the appropriate information in the Settings.txt file.

I created a shortcut, placed it in the startup directory, and it functions as expected at client boot.

I placed the HTML files in the created audiocontrol folder on the correct path on the HS4 machine.

I see the Homeseer Speaker icon in the system tray of the client. The only difference from expected is I don't see the client or version number when hovering on the icon

Now for the problem - I never see any indication that the client has connected to the Homeseer sever. There is nothing in the HS4 log indicating a connection, and the 2 files are not created in the HS4 config directory (Jon00AudioControl1.ini and Jon00AudioControlData1.ini)

I've tried Resetting the plugin per the Readme file, but there are no virtual device or the two config files to delete, so restarting the plugin doesn't accomplish anything.

Question: How does the Client connect to the HS4 server? Is it possible I need to open a port on the HS4 server firewall to allow the client to connect?

Other than that I'm stuck.

I know you have another plugin that uses nircmd to provide many more features, but all I need is the ability to remotely adjust the volume of a machine, so I thought I'd try this first.

Any thoughts on what may be going on?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I think your mistake has been copying the 3 Homeseer dll's from HS4. It does in fact need these from HS3.

I have not used this in years now so have no idea if it still works and obviously never tested in HS4.

I've added the 3 dll's to the download zip. I seem to remember it was a bit slow to respond to volume etc changes so take that in mind.
                      Jon

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

After I posted last night, I uninstalled the Audio Control plugin and started the installation of your Remote Computer Control and Monitor plugin. I've got the network monitoring portion working so far, and will tackle the control portion later today. So far, no issues, other than I noticed something seems to really load down the cpu (i5-8500T). Not sure yet if it's the new plugin, or a pre-existing issue I wasn't aware of. I'll try disabling the plugin and see what happens.

Again, thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Just a quick update - The Control and Monitor Plugin apparently is NOT the cause of the heavy CPU loading. I disabled the plugin and the issue remained.

A good portion of the loading appears to be caused by an old plugin called BLLan, used to monitor the network, similar to your monitoring plugin but less full-featured. Needless to say, it will be removed.

If I have any other questions concerning the Control and Monitor plugin I'll ask in the appropriate forum.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X