Jon00 Maxi-Bee Home Automation Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thought though:
    Should the line in the startup script also be changed to hs.runex?

I see this in the log, and I only have one line in the startup.txt file:
    29.10.2008 09:38:12 Warning VB.Net script exception, re-starting: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yes! I need to update the docs.
      Jon

Comment

Quick question:
        Is it possible to make the maxibee output "flash"?

I'd like to make a LED light blink constantly for a second or two (and then revert to the state it was earlier, but I guess I can handle that myself).
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Have you tried using an event to run the script several times with the correct on/off and flash time delays?
          Jon

Comment

Hmmm... No, I haven' thought of that. I guess I'll have to give scripting a chance first.

I think I was just wondering if there's an built-in option to make an output flash? Perhaps something in the maxibee dll, but I guess not.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Buffering the I/O for "real world" control

I have used these boards with other low power I/O. they are good quality and pretty cost-effective.

To buffer the output ports for the real world, these inexpensive buffered relay boards are only $69.00 US;
              http://www.industrologic.com/rio8desc.htm

and to isolate the inputs, these inexpensive 8-channel optos are only $59.00 US;
              http://www.industrologic.com/uob8desc.htm

Comment

Just wondered if anyone has tried a maxibee with either VPC or VMserver?

My expectation is that it wont work as I doubt that HID devices are passed through to the guest.

David
                ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Downloads do not work from Jon00 site

I can see the general "download HS2" page howevre I am getting a blank screen when I click on any line in the side-bar.
                  I am using IE 8.0 beta.

Comment

I'm not sure...I just logged on to my site remotely using IE8 and do not have an issue with the download page.

IE8 is now out of beta so I would upgrade. You can also try another browser such as Firefox to see if that works.
                    Jon

Comment

Jon,

I was wondering if you or ayone else could give me some advice. I am planning to purchase a maxibee controller, I am going to use two of the outputs to control my heating, I was wondering about the reliabilty of the maxibee (not your script as I am sure based on your other stuff it is flawless). Also what sort of run length can be achieved with the usb cable, is it similar to a serial cable?

On another point due to the lack of availabilty of the ab8ss and ess products is anyone using the maxibee to zone thier audio, I am assuming this would be done using DPDT relays for each speaker, but I am wondering about the rating of the relays and the impedance matching. If anyone is using a similar setup could they let me know, if it worked it would potentially allow 32 pairs of speakers to be switched from the maxibee.

Cabbage

Comment

Hi Cabbage,

USB cables do have a length limitation but you can buy extension cables with repeaters built in which can be cascaded. It really depends on the length you require but I use a single 5 metre with no problems on the Maxibee.

I have heard of no issues with failures with the hardware but other may want to chip in here.

I will warn you that if the computer is rebooted, the outputs for this device can go to an unknown state. They are automatically set to the correct state when Homeseer starts.

As for controlling speakers, impedance matching can be a problem but really depends on the number of zones. You cannot keep adding speakers in parallel as the impedance will drop to a dangerous level for the amp. It will also alter the level of the other zones each time speakers are added. The use of speakers in serial and parallel may be the way to go with the addition of switching in load resistors when a circuit is off.

I would recommend DPCO relays with a minimum contacts rated at 10A (but again really depends on the power of the speakers).
                        Jon

Comment

Cheers Jon,

When you say when rebooting they go to an unknown state, is this a random state or will it always be a default state?

I know there are cheap products out there which are impedance matching speaker switches like this one
                          http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...97929&T=Module

but does anyone know of a similar product with electronic inputs, or do you think it would be worth buying one of these and replacing the manual switches with relays?

Cabbage

Comment

The word would be random. This may be due to the supply to the USB ports being removed when a computer reboots.

I doubt it would be feasible to replace the switches with relays. These cheap units utilise multiple changeover contacts within each switch (with switch interlocking) to do the necessary matching.

If you drive each zone with a separate amplifier, things become much easier!
                            Jon

Comment

Jon,

The details on this product say that any output or combination of outputs can be driven, this is what leads me to believe it would be possible to change the switches with relays.

By the way you said to use DPCO relays is this not just another name for DPDT?

Cabbage

Comment

You may well be right - but it is common practise with this far eastern stuff to use multiple pole switching techniques to save money.

DPCO (Double Pole Change Over) is the same as DPDT (Double Pole Double Throw)
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X