No announcement yet.

Jon00 Control (Touchscreen) Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every thing looks good. All the tag errors are gone. and the doctype works.

I am still having a problem with colors. If I render a button using:
    Code:
    .Button298
     {

font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Verdana, sans-serif;
     font-weight: normal;
     text-align: center;
     width: 130px;
     height: 50px;
     font-size: 20px;
      color: #FFFFFF;
     [COLOR=red] background-color: #ff0000;
     border: 3px solid #ff0000;
    [/COLOR] -webkit-border-radius: 10px;   
     padding: 5px 5px;
     margin: 5px auto;
    }
    The border color shows properly as red, but the background color shows as pink.

I am stumped. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.

The colors are correct in the windows version of Safari, but not on the iPhone.
    Thanks,

T.

Comment

Does it always show pink when you change the hex code to something like #000000
      Jon

Comment

No, the color will change, but not reflect the right color. the color green would show up a very light green. darkred would show up as brown. Yet if I use these colors as border coolors, the displat ptoperly. The example shown above would produce a pink button with a red border.
        Thanks,

T.

Comment

Not owning a iPhone/iTouch, it is difficult for me to test. I would start with the background on it's own, make sure it is red and then add the new elements one by one to see what the problem is caused by.

Talking about curves, I've been playing too! This only works in Mozilla/FF and Safari. It's included in the next version.
          Attached Files
          Jon

Comment

V1.03 has now been released and available for download on my site.
            Jon

Comment

My understanding is that Pocket PC (windows mobil) will not work with the built in IE pocket explorer. Has anyone tried Netfront 3.3 pocketpc browser? I have this browser if anyone would share a link to their touchscreen interface. Maybe Jon could add a sample on his website like the picture viewer.

Here are the specs for Netfront 3.3
              *Java support
              JV-Lite2 CE Edition for Pocket PC as Java plug-in
              -Sun Microsystems J2ME CDC compliant
              -J2ME CDC-HI is implemented
              -Sample applets included

*Supports latest W3C specifications:
              -HTML4.01, XHTML1.1, cHTML, XHTML Basic 1.0, WML1.3
              -CSS 1 & 2
              -ECMAScript 3rd Edition (JavaScript 1.5)
              -DOM and Dynamic HTML
              -GIF, animated GIF, BMP, PNG, JPEG and MNG
              -HTTP/1.1
              -SSL2.0/3.0,TLS1.0
              -Cookies

Comment

i just heard about a SkyFire browser today: http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/28/s...ng-does-flash/

maybe that will work... in other news, I have proof-of-concept screens done for lighting, weather, and cameras. still need to work on media (with v1.03) and security. does anyone have any tips on how to resize the interface to match different screens? the default button sizes work out to be just a little too big for my UMPC screen.

Comment

I know with the Safari browser you can use:
                  Code:
                  HeadData=<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no" />
                  and everything will scale to fit the screen. I don't know what browser your running.
                  Thanks,

T.

Comment

I'm using IE and Firefox depending on the machine. Would they scale to device width as well?

Comment

I do not know of a meta tag that scales for IE or FF.

As the buttons are fixed in pixel width/height all you can do is create a new set which are smaller or possibly use the 75% zoom function in IE7.

If you wanted to use the same design button, you would really have to resize the existing PNG to get a good result. If however you want to use solid colors, it's really easy.

Here is an example of a red button with black borders of size 60 x 60 defined as button501. The button will be curved if viewed in FF, Mozilla or Safari. If you don't like the effect, just remove the lines with the word radius in them.

.Button501
                      {
                      color: #FFFFFF;
                      font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, HandelGothic, sans-serif;
                      font-size: 12pt;
                      font-weight: normal;
                      padding-top: 0;
                      padding-bottom: 0;
                      padding-right: 0;
                      padding-left: 0;
                      background-color: red;
                      width: 60px;
                      height: 60px;
                      border: 2px solid black;
                      -webkit-border-radius: 15px;
                      -moz-border-radius: 15px;
                      }
                      Jon

Comment

jon00,
                        I've done some testing reguarding the color problem I'm having.

I took your example from above and used it in the touchscreen interface and the button renders pink, or light red.

I then took the button 501 code and used it in a regular web page and accessed via the itouch, and the button renders red properly.

Could there be something in the code being generated by your plugin that can be having an affect on the backgroud color???
                        Thanks,

T.

Comment

The background is written as a style sheet within the code but after the external style sheet.

Try putting blank entries in all the background fields under [settings] to see if that corrects the color issue.

If that works, I can reverse this and it may then work.
                          Jon

Comment

For all Nokia N770 users, there looks like a hackers version of the OS2007 which includes the Mozilla browser.

Details: http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...on_bugfix.html

OS Download: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/os2007_hacker_edition.php
                            Jon

Comment

Can this script be configured to display the contents of a device string as a device type? I noticed code and embed button types, would it be possible to add this as a type? I have a script that runs once in a while that processes callerid, etc. formats an html table and populates a device string. I don't need it to act as a button, just a way to display the contents. I noticed the display area, but would like to leave that area alone for notifications, etc..

Thank You,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                                For all Nokia N770 users, there looks like a hackers version of the OS2007 which includes the Mozilla browser.

Details: http://maemo.org/news/announcements/...on_bugfix.html

OS Download: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/os2007_hacker_edition.php
                                how about the mini mozilla?
                                I got my ipaq up and running with a windows media 6 hacked rom..
                                includes IE6..... and I installed minimo.....

most likely not but thought id ask...
                                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                                X