X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tcassio View Post
    I know with the Safari browser you can use:
    Code:
    HeadData=<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no" />
    and everything will scale to fit the screen. I don't know what browser your running.
    Does this go in the ASP page, or the config.ini file? You can tell, I'm not a programmer!

Thanks,
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

That statement is entered in the settings portion of the .ini file for the page you are building.
      Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio View Post
        That statement is entered in the settings portion of the .ini file for the page you are building.
        Great thank you!
        -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by drodegeb View Post
          Can this script be configured to display the contents of a device string as a device type? I noticed code and embed button types, would it be possible to add this as a type? I have a script that runs once in a while that processes callerid, etc. formats an html table and populates a device string. I don't need it to act as a button, just a way to display the contents. I noticed the display area, but would like to leave that area alone for notifications, etc..

Thank You,

Dave
          Dave,

Yes this can be added as a future release but it is possible to do this now using the embed method. The good thing about using this method is that you can set it to auto update without refreshing the page.

Here is an example with a 60 second refresh. Copy the code below and save as device1.asp to your html directory.

PHP Code:
          <html><head>
          <
          meta http-equiv="refresh" content="60" />
          <
          STYLE TYPE='text/css'>
          <!-- 
          body    {

margin-top0;

margin-left0;

background-color #FFFFFF;
          }
          -->
          </
          STYLE></head><body>
          <%
          response.write hs.devicestring ("w2")
          %>
          </
          body></html
          This will show devicestring W2

In the ini file, define the type something like:

Button1-1Type=embed /device1.asp,130,30

Things like font types, colours may need to be defined but should show a working example
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
            how about the mini mozilla?
            I got my ipaq up and running with a windows media 6 hacked rom..
            includes IE6..... and I installed minimo.....

most likely not but thought id ask...
            I don't know but why not try it?
            Jon

Comment

That's looks like it would do what I want. A couple of questions about it though.

1. Does that still get treated as a button, or just an area of text? I don't need it to be a button at all.
              2. Can the parameter in the ini take a parameter ex. devicetext.asp?device=w1
              3. If it were added as a feature in the future would it take advantage of the AJAX you have built in?

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

1) It is just treated as text.

2) I can easily modify the code to do that if you wish.

3) Providing feedback via AJAX involves much more work so in the first instance it would be no. That said, I will take a look when I have time to see if I can define a button area for a small number of AJAX locations.
                Jon

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I can modify the asp to take care of that, just needed to know if the ini file supported the parameter ex Button1-1Type=embed /devicestring.asp?devicecode=w1,130,30

Comment

Commas are the delimiters so there should not be a problem.
                    Jon

Comment

So far it looks good, just another question. Is it possible to display the current status of a light/device? Looking at your first page in the install, it has 4 lights on the left, Door, Bed, Spots, All. Is it possible to have it display the current status of the device, ex either have On brighter than Off if it is on, or highlight the description if it is on, ex. Door would be highlighted if the door light is on?

Comment

jon, i know there is documentation on delay times and whatnot, but it's a little confusing since there are two or three different delays that can affect the page. i'm going to want to push several buttons in quick succession (i.e., like a remote control, changing the channel), but currently, if i press 1, i have to wait a second before i can press 1 again. is this by design, and how can i reduce the time? for something like this, it's not necessary to wait for a status update to press again, so which parameter should i reduce for this?

Comment

Originally posted by drodegeb View Post
                          So far it looks good, just another question. Is it possible to display the current status of a light/device? Looking at your first page in the install, it has 4 lights on the left, Door, Bed, Spots, All. Is it possible to have it display the current status of the device, ex either have On brighter than Off if it is on, or highlight the description if it is on, ex. Door would be highlighted if the door light is on?
                          As it stands, the only method to see the current status is via the display. It's similar to your last question in that to see this type of information would need to be via AJAX.

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
                          jon, i know there is documentation on delay times and whatnot, but it's a little confusing since there are two or three different delays that can affect the page. i'm going to want to push several buttons in quick succession (i.e., like a remote control, changing the channel), but currently, if i press 1, i have to wait a second before i can press 1 again. is this by design, and how can i reduce the time? for something like this, it's not necessary to wait for a status update to press again, so which parameter should i reduce for this?
                          There should be minimal delay running scripts and events as these will run in their own threads. I suspect the issue is via the IR code method. I'm not sure why but HS does not release the control page until the IR has been sent (even though it is being processed via a VB.NET script). This is the delay I believe you are seeing.

The only way I think you can get around this would be to call a script with parameters to send the IR as an alternative to the IR method already provided.
                          Jon

Comment

I've just had another thought. I put in double click/debounce protection which will only operate if you press the same button twice within one second.

The Nokia N800, has a very sensitive touchscreen and I found that sometimes it would trigger the same event twice if operated with a finger.

A key-press of 1 then 1 would need 1 second between pushes whereas a 1 then 2 would not be limited. See if that is the issue.
                            Jon

Comment

yes, it's definitely the double-click thing... perhaps this can be configurable down to 0.25 seconds? i think it's also at least part the other thing as i can press two different buttons faster than the same button twice, but still not quite as fast as i might like... i'll try your idea of putting it into scripts.

Comment

oh, also, while i'm on this board... is there a way to make my own buttons? i might like to have some circle buttons to use... or some square ones that are smaller than 80x80... but i don't know enough about the html or css to know where to start.

Comment

Working...
                                X