No announcement yet.

Event to Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then the PIM isn't seeing the signals at all. It will report whatever it sees. If it could see the commands then HomeSeer would track the changes.

Jon

Originally posted by in4ni View Post
    I did exactly that, When UPD is in debug the HS log shows NOTHING when i turn stuff on and off via the HAI snap link app. If i press the switch HS log displays debug info

Thank you
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Personally I would connect a serial/USB cable to the PIM in question and test it with Upstart.

I have had a defective HAI serial UPB PIM which had been purchased new.

It was the first UPB endeavor with the OPII many many years ago.

It worked fine sending out UPB commands so I really never noticed.

Just checked here and I have 4 UPB PIMs on line (not 3 - 2 HAI serial, 1 SA USB and 1 SA Serial).
      Last edited by Pete; April 30, 2013, 03:28 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, A few questions

When the HAI panel controls a UPD switch does your Homeseer box see that change?

Who's PIM are you using for Homeseer?

What is the reason for 2 PIMS attached to your HAI panel for?

Thank you

Comment

When the HAI panel controls a UPD switch does your Homeseer box see that change?
          yes (also direct via Snaplink, Omnitouch 5.7, Omnitouch 5.7e and indirectly via HS HAI plugin).

Who's PIM are you using for Homeseer?
          SA serial PIM

What is the reason for 2 PIMS attached to your HAI panel for?
          There is only one HAI serial PIM connected to the HAI panel.

I just retested with Snaplink / Homeseer UPB status view on my desktop. When I make a change with Homeseer I see it on Snaplink. When I make a change on Snaplink I see it on Homeseer.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, Do you think it is possible that the status is being updated via HAI plugin serial link?

Thank you

Comment

No.

I have the HAI plugin configured not to create any devices.

I can disconnect the serial connection and try again.

4/30/2013 9:03:02 PM Plug-In Shutting down generic Plug-In: HAI_System
              4/30/2013 9:03:02 PM HAI System HAI Plug-In Shutting Down, Port Closed, Goodbye.
              Disconnected the serial cable, shut down HS and restarted it. I have disconnected the serial link a few times over periods of time in the last few months due to an issue I am currently having with the HAI panel.

Works as before. Using Snap-Link and turning on and off and dimming I see the status change in the variable. Using the HS variable to turn on and off and dim the device I see the changes in Snap-link. Logging is enabled but I only see the status changes when I use the homeseer variable and do not see any logging when the device is changed via Snaplink.
              Last edited by Pete; April 30, 2013, 09:21 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Thank you for testing that out, I figured as much

I cant figure out what the heck is going on

I might install a fresh copy of Homeseer on another box temporally and see what happens.

Thank you

Comment

I'm guessing that ran upstart on the Homeseer computer and saved the configuration in the homeseer directory recently eh?
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yes, I export UPE file to the proper HS directoy

Comment

So you did validate the Homeseer connected serial PIM with Upstart (signals to and from, signal strength, taps on switches reporting status to the PIM stuff eh?)?

I do have an HAI phase signal repeater in place and also phase couplers (HAI, SA and PCS). I think I did disconnect the phase couplers in the last couple of years.

I did have a signal issue that cropped up when the neighbors installed an inground pool / pump etc. It was an odd thing cuz my UPB signals had been great. That issue went away with the UPB repeater.

Here I was a bit "PO'd" with the first HAI serial PIM being defective as I thought my OPII was bad (which was an upgraded one having replaced the chip FW upgrade legacy to the software FW upgrade newer panel).

I almost reconsidered the use/transition to UPB in general. There are posts that state the best PIM is the PCS PIM. I have never tried a PCS UPB PIM.

I didn't really pay attention to the UPB PIM and the OPII events as they were triggering just fine and on schedule and I never looked at the status. (from the old X10 days ingrained in my head still)

I do have the bedroom table top HS touch screen reporting status of some of the UPB lighting today. (not as fast as I would like or what I see with the Omnitouch screens / Snaplink, et al).

I looked up the warranty period for the PIM and it is two years. I remember though comparing the HAI versus PCS warranty's and the PCS was longer.
                      Last edited by Pete; May 1, 2013, 10:13 AM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

What type of switch are you using? I know some of the other switches can be set to NOT broadcast links/status.

I have all US2-40 from SA, which all ONLY work if you use a link...so I've never had this issue. But I can imagine if you have a 11-30 or 40, you can set it to not update any status. I do not have these, so I do not know for certain.

Check in upstart that you are in fact sending out a link. If you are unsure, post a screen capture of one of your problem switches configuration pages.

--Dan
                        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

All but 2 are HAI 35A00-1, The other 2 are Simply Automated

The issue isnt the switch sending status, the issue is that HomeSeer is not receiving the UPB communication that is being sent from the second PIM connected to my HAI panel

It is my understanding that UPB switches only report status when the rocker is pressed and NOT when the switch is controlled by other means.

Thank you

Comment

That is correct. The switch will only report local changes. The switch is responding to a network communication when it changes because of a link or direct command. The PIM on HS should see all network communications. With the plug-in on debug mode it will report *ALL* RAW UPB that the PIM receives on the line. If you don't see activity in the log when a switch is being remotely controlled then that traffic is not reaching the PIM.

Jon

Originally posted by in4ni View Post
                            All but 2 are HAI 35A00-1, The other 2 are Simply Automated

The issue isnt the switch sending status, the issue is that HomeSeer is not receiving the UPB communication that is being sent from the second PIM connected to my HAI panel

It is my understanding that UPB switches only report status when the rocker is pressed and NOT when the switch is controlled by other means.

Thank you
                            Jon Ort
                            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
                            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Here I utilize debug for comm of the UPB plugin and do see activity. I utilize Upstart to guage the signal strengths of the to and from traffic. You can do both easily. Confirm the comm with both; its really painless.

IE: just pause the plugin and run Upstart; post your signal bar graphs from the 2nd PIM to the HS PIM.

Personally and a best guess is that your UPB 2nd PIM to Homeseer PIM signal is not getting there (on the opposite phase of electric) or you have a defective PIM which does good at sending but not recieving (which was my issue a while ago).

Really more than likely its an issue of going across a phase using either a phase coupler or phase repeater. There are wierd differences of out of phase and in phase couplers and repeaters. It is one of those magical UPB things that sometimes do occur.
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Just did some testing,

Paused the UPB plugin and ran upstart.

started the UPB interface diganostic

When i press a rocker the signal is excellent

When i turn a switch on/off from snap link the noise meter jumps up

Comment

Working...
                                X