Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change an HSTouch screen dim script to work in HS3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change an HSTouch screen dim script to work in HS3?

I have this script in several different events in HS2 with the only difference between events being the screen brightness, (in bold). How do I make this script work in HS3?

Sub Main(parm as object)
    dim plug as object
    plug = hs.plugin("HSTouch Server")
    plug.ClientAction(89,"Android:KindleBed",".01","")
    End Sub

This script worked great for years with my kindle in HS2, and I have spent hours tonight on several variations trying to make it work in HS3.

Thanks for any help!

Try this:
    Code:
    Sub Main(byval input as Object)
        hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {(89,"Android:KindleBed",".01",""})
    End Sub
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

This script works...

hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:KindleBed",".01",""})
      End Sub

Interesting I kept trying this script last night but with mixed results. I was editing the script in the HS3 event script edit window and when I would save the script, it would save to a different file than the one that was selected in that event, so I was not getting the expected result. Tonight I just used notepad to save the various scripts in the script folder and then selected them in the HS3 event. I did not use the HS3 event screen to edit the script and all worked as it should.

Maybe I'm just not used to the new interface or maybe there is a bug.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by ccat View Post
        This script works...

hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:KindleBed",".01",""})
        End Sub

[...]

Anyway, thanks for your help!
        Yeah, sorry. I had an "(" extra.

But no problem.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

This is working great on an Android device, but I can't get it to work for an ipad Mini, does this work on IOS based devices? Is there another way to dim the screen from HS3 on an apple device?

Thanks

Comment

Button to black out the screen

I just install the HS Touch client on an Android device and noticed that there is a little gear in the lower left that blanks out the screen and just touching the screen returns you to the home screen. The Android files that are port of the designer (HS3) DO NOT have that button.
            How can that button be re-created?

Thank you

Comment

Is this script still work for you guys?

hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:bedroom",".01",""})
              End Sub

Can't seem to get the client to dim
              Tom
              baby steps...starting again with HS3
              HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
              HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
              Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
              In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
              System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Is your client called "Android:bedroom"?

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  Is your client called "Android:bedroom"?
                  Yes, that's what's it's called and how it shows up if I go to pick a client under Action -Hstouch - Clients. Thks

Tom
                  Tom

Comment

I'll need to double check, but perhaps not all Android tablets can dim using that command...

Comment

On the new Android HStouch screen available now, there is star type icon (bottom left corner) that makes the screen go blank/dark. This would work too to keep screen dark at bedtime, but I'm not sure what that icon's command is. The new screens aren't in designer yet.
                      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                        On the new Android HStouch screen available now, there is star type icon (bottom left corner) that makes the screen go blank/dark. This would work too to keep screen dark at bedtime, but I'm not sure what that icon's command is. The new screens aren't in designer yet.
                        Yeah, I've seen that (and currently using it). There's a command in the HStouch designer you can use for that. I've added a button to my own designs that does the same, and just call a "ButtonPress" on that button from HS3.

Comment

Sorry but what is that button called?

So write a script for the buttonpress or just use Event Action - HSTouch Actions > Simulate Release of an Element > Element Name: Home:__?__

If you're recommendation is script could you tell me how that should go.
                          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                            Sorry but what is that button called?

So write a script for the buttonpress or just use Event Action - HSTouch Actions > Simulate Release of an Element > Element Name: Home:__?__

If you're recommendation is script could you tell me how that should go.
                            Me too

Comment

Ok Moskus,

Your Dim Script does actually work. I made an error, and thats why it didn't work. The dim level even when set to .01 or 0 is still gives a lot of light though so need to use buttonpress method.

So I've been reading/searching for the buttonpress you suggested. There is nothing I could find in hstouch or hspro 3 help file about the buttonpress command. I many not be searching correctly. But I did run into a post by adam(mr happy) and you helping another user. I believe this is for HS2?
                              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ht=buttonpress

hs.plugin("Plugin Name").ButtonPress("Button Name")

So Moskus script that proved successful was:

Sub Main(Byval parm as Object)
                              Dim pluginname As String = parm.ToString.Split("#")(0)
                              Dim buttonname As String = parm.ToString.Split("#")(1)
                              Dim deviceID As String = parm.ToString.Split("#")(2)

Dim dev As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass = hs.GetDeviceByRef(deviceID)

Dim SupportsExtButtons As Boolean = False
                              Try
                              SupportsExtButtons = hs.Plugin(pluginname).SupportsExtendedButtons
                              Catch
                              End Try

If SupportsExtButtons Then
                              hs.Plugin(pluginname).ButtonPressEx(buttonname, dev)
                              Else
                              hs.Plugin(pluginname).ButtonPress(buttonname)
                              End If
                              End Sub

Found this early this am, but haven't had time to digest it yet. Still need to figure out what that button is called in the new HS screens.
                              Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X