This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I stand corrected...so does that mean you have Alexa control of HS3 by using both "Tell Homeseer to..." and "Tell Leena to..." commands?
    I had to check this when I got home. Even though the Homeseer skill still shows in alexa.amazon.com as one of my skills, it's the developer skill which is the only one linked. So if I try tell Homeseer, the response I get is that my amazon account is not linked to a homeseer system... So I stand corrected.

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Solved the problem

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      If you have logging on, you will see how long the script takes to complete in the Homeseer log. That is variable depending on what else Homeseer is doing at the time and how many entries that need to searched through. Any additional delay would be the communication/processing between Echo - Amazon - HST - Homeseer (your system). I would say mine averages 1 1/2 to 2 seconds.
      I had filled in 8 triggers. The others (trigger 9 - trigger 40) were left in the .ini file as they were in the original file. I found that by removing them, the delay was much shorter, about the same as before the installation of the plugin.

Comment

Very nice addition to the Echo integration Jon. Nice job
        I just got 2 echo dots setup and tried one trigger and it worked nicely

I am not sure if maybe I missed it but if there a way to just have a default Alexa response which we could also add multiples to randomize. This would override the ones set per trigger. Maybe this already exists and I missed it.

An aspx page to edit the triggers would be awesome and maybe ability to give each trigger a name.
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

The random response is already included. Just separate your responses under the AlexaResponse= setting with 2 pipe commands.
          Last edited by jon00; November 13, 2016, 03:22 PM.
          Jon

Comment

Ok, so I got to change the name from HS to Vicky. Now just to be clear, with the helper I am just calling the event thru Jon script which can have several ways of calling it out is this correct?

Just for learning purposes, How does the incoming command gets routed to the helper?
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I am sure you can do a better job Jon, since your the creater....
              Last edited by jon00; November 13, 2016, 03:21 PM.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Default value

Jon, what is the default value for the mode parameter? Thanks
                Last edited by jon00; November 13, 2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

As per the docs:

'This setting is internally set to 1 if this is not defined.'

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
                  Jon, what is the default value for the mode parameter? Thanks
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                    Ok, so I got to change the name from HS to Vicky. Now just to be clear, with the helper I am just calling the event thru Jon script which can have several ways of calling it out is this correct?
                    ?
                    You are not specifically calling an event. You can trigger a number of things with words which are received by your Homeseer system after you say "Tell Vicky to....."

So if you set the Alexa text as Kitchen for your first trigger i.e.

[Trigger1]
                    AlexaText=Kitchen

Anything you say to Alexa with the word Kitchen (after "Tell Vicky to") would trigger that particular entry. The trigger can be an event, run a script, control a light directly etc.

This is a very simple example and you would normally use more words to detect before a trigger happens.
                    Jon

Comment

Quick Question. Will this work with Thrag's Alexa 'local' Skill or does this require the official skill and myhs?

Comment

Jon, is it important to have the vocation word spelled exactly how Alexa hear it?
                        I ask because in the profile I crated I called HS "Vicky" but Alexa spelling is "viki"
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hi Jon00. I'm trying out your helper. When the two scripts are in the script folder normal homeseer skill commands stop working. When I temporarily remove them the homeseer skill does work. The log shows the correct sentences in both situations. Did I miss something installing? I read your documents and posts and find the helper shouldn't interfere with the homeseer skill, but it does now. Thanks!

I use the sentence:
                          Alexa tell the house to turn on dining table light
                          Where dining table is the room (for now)
                          And light is the device name.

In the ini I only have one thing set up:
                          What is the weather

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Jon, is it important to have the vocation word spelled exactly how Alexa hear it?
                            I ask because in the profile I crated I called HS "Vicky" but Alexa spelling is "viki"
                            You must have something wrong as the vocation word is never passed to Homeseer?
                            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Phaeton View Post
                              Hi Jon00. I'm trying out your helper. When the two scripts are in the script folder normal homeseer skill commands stop working. When I temporarily remove them the homeseer skill does work. The log shows the correct sentences in both situations. Did I miss something installing? I read your documents and posts and find the helper shouldn't interfere with the homeseer skill, but it does now. Thanks!

I use the sentence:
                              Alexa tell the house to turn on dining table light
                              Where dining table is the room (for now)
                              And light is the device name.

In the ini I only have one thing set up:
                              What is the weather
                              What do you see in the Homeseer log (under Jon00_Alexa) when you have this installed and ask Alexa to action something?
                              Jon

Comment

I get the following:
                                Code:
                                nov-12 11:41:56	 	Jon00_Alexa	Alexa command heard: 'turn off the dining table light'
                                nov-12 11:41:56	 	Jon00_Alexa	Response sent to Alexa: 'turn off the dining table light'
                                nov-12 11:41:56	 	Jon00_Alexa	Script processing time: 2 ms
                                My ini
                                Code:
                                [Settings]
                                Logging=1
                                AlexaNoMatchResponse=*

[Trigger1]
                                AlexaText=read Weather||tell weather||Weather
                                Mode=1
                                AlexaResponse=The temperature outside from your weather station is [devicevalue 1115] degrees
                                RunEvent=
                                Runscript=
                                Speak=
                                SPClient=
                                SpeakDevice=
                                CAPI=
                                Json=
                                DeviceValue=
                                SetDeviceValue=
                                SetCapiValue=
                                Delay=
                                The ini is for testing, but the command works. No other triggers in ini.
                                thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X