www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old January 10th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjr18 View Post
I thought the icons seemed backwards. Any idea for a solution?

Thanks
delete just the hs devices that are incorrect, add RecreateDevice=1 to the [device x] section of the insteon.ini and restart the plugin.

this should rebuild those hs devices.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old January 10th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
delete just the hs devices that are incorrect, add RecreateDevice=1 to the [device x] section of the insteon.ini and restart the plugin.

this should rebuild those hs devices.
That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
Old January 11th, 2017, 12:33 AM
Seer

Hi Mark,

I did add the statement to the config section of the insteon.ini file.

It was easier to just re-link the events for the leak sensors. I only have 9 leak sensors so that was a quick fix.

The door & window sensors are a much larger issue for me. I tried deleting one window sensors and re-installing it. No luck. The status icon is working and the status value is correct; however, the status text is still blank both in the HS Designer application and on the client (iPhone).
Old January 11th, 2017, 07:37 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
Hi Mark,

I did add the statement to the config section of the insteon.ini file.

It was easier to just re-link the events for the leak sensors. I only have 9 leak sensors so that was a quick fix.

The door & window sensors are a much larger issue for me. I tried deleting one window sensors and re-installing it. No luck. The status icon is working and the status value is correct; however, the status text is still blank both in the HS Designer application and on the client (iPhone).
i'll check this out
Old February 3rd, 2017, 12:10 PM
Seer

Hi Mark,

I have been researching this issue. I found a post where mrhappy said the following:

It is likely to be because it is set up as a root device, unfortunately HSTouch I understand does not show root devices and only child devices. This was never documented to my knowledge so some plugins that use root devices to show information are not shown in HSTouch. There is nothing you can do about it really unless HSTouch or the plugin is changed.

My devices all displayed the status text both in HS Designer and on the client before I upgraded to V3.0.6.0 Immediately after the update, the status text disappeared. Did they change from children to root devices?

Also note that the status text for the Heartbeat signals display correctly for all of these devices in HS Designer & client.

Thank You
Old February 3rd, 2017, 05:38 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Hi Mark,

I have been researching this issue. I found a post where mrhappy said the following:

It is likely to be because it is set up as a root device, unfortunately HSTouch I understand does not show root devices and only child devices. This was never documented to my knowledge so some plugins that use root devices to show information are not shown in HSTouch. There is nothing you can do about it really unless HSTouch or the plugin is changed.

My devices all displayed the status text both in HS Designer and on the client before I upgraded to V3.0.6.0 Immediately after the update, the status text disappeared. Did they change from children to root devices?

Also note that the status text for the Heartbeat signals display correctly for all of these devices in HS Designer & client.

Thank You
I did not change the root/child relationships. you can see this info on the Advanced tab of the hs device.

can you post the Status Graphics tab of one of the devices that you are referring to
Old February 3rd, 2017, 11:44 PM
Seer

Hey Mark,

Here is one:

Attached Images

Old February 4th, 2017, 12:04 AM
Seer

Hi Mark,

I looked at the Advanced tab per your post. Here is the Door's Status device:

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486180550

It says parent root.

Here is the Advanced tab for the Heartbeat device for the same door sensor:

https://board.homeseer.com/attachmen...1&d=1486180644

This one says child .

One more piece to the puzzle... While the client is open, if I physically change the door position, the status text for that door (only) will update correctly on the client. If I close and re-open the client, the status text is gone.
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Insteon Overlord

the images for the advanced tab didn't show, but the setup is correct. the heartbeat is a child of the main open/close device

not sure about the hstouch issue. that is a separate plugin.

does the status text update correctly on the hs ui?
Old February 4th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Seer

Here are the Advanced tab images:

The status text does update correctly on the hs ui.
Attached Images

Old February 5th, 2017, 12:11 AM
Insteon Overlord

Fluke,

thanks for the screen shots. everything looks okay. the relationship status hasn't changed in 3.0.6.0 and shouldn't affect hstouch.

I check it out
Old February 5th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Seer

Hey Mark,

I did a bit more digging. I checked the Advanced tab for all of my devices (~250). I have a few NEST products in my system. All devices that are setup as "Parent Root" (including the NEST products) exhibit the same status text behavior. I didn't notice this on the NEST devices because I was not using their status text on any client screens.

Sounds like an HS Designer bug. Guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for your help!
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Hey Mark,

I did a bit more digging. I checked the Advanced tab for all of my devices (~250). I have a few NEST products in my system. All devices that are setup as "Parent Root" (including the NEST products) exhibit the same status text behavior. I didn't notice this on the NEST devices because I was not using their status text on any client screens.

Sounds like an HS Designer bug. Guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks for your help!
Thanks for reporting back. Let us know if you find a solution.
Old February 11th, 2017, 12:43 PM
Seer

Holly Smokes Mark!

I found a bug report for this issue, Bugzilla #1579. You must update HS Touch Server to beta version 3.0.0.96 or later. It is currently at beta version 3.0.0.104 which has solved my problem.

I am a new user (~3 months) and the official version of HS Touch Server that downloaded with my installation was 3.0.0.68. I was living in the past and didn't know.

Thanks Again.
Old February 11th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Insteon Overlord

glad you were able to resolve this. thanks for reporting back