Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been looking for a while for an Oregon Scientific THC138 or similar model that has a cabled probe and then communicates wireless to the RFXcom transceiver. It appears that these are no longer available. Do any of the formum members still have one lying about that they would be willing to sell to me ??

Harry

Comment

Appears to be available here.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
        i am using:
        9x Oregon-THN132N

and i like em, would be intersted in some of the cheaper more advanced sensors tho.

Raptor
        I would like to know more specifically how you are using these. I read that you should only use as many as there are channels available on the sensor from each category available in the RFXCOM plugin. So is this just recommendation to ensure reliable operation or is it the lav. As far as I know there are 3 channels on the THN132N so how are you using 9 of them?

BR/Tomas

Comment

There is a risk that sensors configured on the same channel transmit for some time on the same moment. Both signals are disturbed and the sensors are not received.
          The period length they transmit both at the same time depends on the difference in clock speed in the sensors.
          For a reliable configuration do not use multiple sensors in the same category on the same channel.

Comment

Originally posted by tkortell View Post
            So is this just recommendation to ensure reliable operation or is it the lav.
            It's just a recommendation. I have 15 different Oregon Scientific sensors with only three channels, but seldom have problems with collision.

However, from time to time you WILL get collisions. And one or more of the sensors will time out for an hour or so.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              I think they've stopped making them.

Yes, it should work.

and mine broke.. and wife threw it out.. didnt know ....
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

So when you speak of reading an Oregon Weather Station with the plugin keep in mind that the stations - meaning the display stations that sit on your desk - do not transmit. So if the display station has an internal sensor like for temp, humidity, pressure, you can not read those values with HS. You can read most of the external Oregon sensors directly from HS that the display station can also read.

Now for the channels and number of devices. I was under the impression that there was only one RF frequency (channel) on 433.92 MHz (in the USA, may be different in other countries). The channel switch on the sensors selected different time delays to transmit. So if you had three temperature sensors you would set each to a different number so they would each transmit at a different time and the signals would not collide with each other. Further, the display stations may not be able to cope with more than three of the same device. In my experience, HS can.

That being said, I have six THN132 Temp Sensors, a PCR800 Rain Gauge, a THGR810 outside temp humidity sensor, a BTHR918 temp humidity barometer, and a WGR800 Wind Speed/Direction sensor all on RFXCOM at the same time. Very rarely there might be a communications failure. If it is not a low battery it usually clears itself.

I have looked at the Oregon sensors on a spectrum analyzer. The 433.92 transmit frequency of each device is all over the place just like the X10 devices that transmit on 310 MHz (in the USA). So if you replace one that is intermittent and the new one works better it may be the new one is closer to being on frequency.

While I have not tested this extensively, I have had better luck with my older RFXCom 433 receiver (the black one with the telescopic antenna) than I had with the newer RFXrec433 (the smaller one with the rubber antenna). Perhaps the newer design has a tighter receiver. This could achieve better range while excluding reception of the Oregon sensors that are off frequency.

Comment

Will the Oregon THGR221 work with the RFXCOM plug in? (RFXtrx433XL)

Comment

I have 2 THGR810 sensors I'm not using, converted to Zigbee. Private message me if anyone wants them, just pay shipping.
                    tenholde

Comment

Working...
                    X