www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old April 14th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Seer

Event Insteon and Insteon Beep.

Hi All,

I have an a special event for my den where I have a master and a slave switch setup. But I also have my under counter lights and my server closet light set up in an event to come on when the Master transmits a fast on command.
It goes something like this.

If Den Master Light Transmits Fast On
then Beep Den Master Light
then Turn On Under Counter Lights to On
then Turn On Server Room Lights to On

My Issue is the it seems that I am having more that one device beep, I think the slave is beeping as well but the event is only setup for the master to beep. Could it be that the Master and Slave are Crossed link that is causing this issue? Is there any way to stop this second beep from occurring? I will set up a second event for the slave switch once I stop the beep occurring more than once.

Thanks Joe.
Old April 14th, 2018, 10:22 PM
Insteon Overlord

i suppose the plugin could be propagating to the beep command to the secondary switch.

i'll have to look at the code.

as a test, turn off the 'sync' option on the master and see if this stops the second beep

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old April 19th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Seer

Insteon Beep

Hi Mark, turning off sync did stop second beep. Sorry it took so long to test but Windows was hung up on some Update at 99%! Just completed reinstall and trying the sync feature. Is there another work around other than that?
Joe
Old April 19th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Insteon Overlord

I’ll have to fix this in the next beta
Old April 20th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Seer

Beep Issue

Hi Mark,

Can you let me know when that is ready to test?

Joe.
Old April 21st, 2018, 09:05 AM
Insteon Overlord

i posted 3.0.6.33 in the beta section of the Updater. it should resolve the Beep issue