Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bill - I had another issue as well, and tried the repair and it wiped out everything I had. I don't know if I was supposed to rename the Sample.mdb to something else to prevent this from happening or what went (horribly, horribly -lol) wrong, but at any rate, I had to start over with a fresh install of HS and it's working fine now. Thank you for your help!

CJ

Comment

There may be other sampleX.mdb files in your config directory.

You could try a search. But then fresh starts are good too.

~Bill

Comment

I just checked - nothing but sample.mdb. It's okay - I have an ISY now, so 75% of what used to be controlled by HS is controlled by the ISY, so it wasn't too painful to recreate. HS does X10RF, media player, HS Phone and announcements. All the lighting & many events are done by the ISY, which saved a huge amount of time re-entering devices! But - you just reminded me to save my database under another name... DONE! Thanks!

Comment

Phone Jack

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          See this thread for info on how to wire your modem.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...22&postcount=6
          Hello Rupp:

Just looked at this thread and see where this referral is to the wiring of the phone lines through a line splitter.

I was wondering why more people do not use the RJ31X Phone jack. This is what I use as this jack is for connecting alarm panels so they have exclusive control over the phone line. (e.g. leaving a phone off hook will not stop the panel from dialing out an alarm)

The other great benefit of using this jack is that if you have a problem with HS, or the modem and the phones are not working as is the content of this thread, you can just unplug the line from the RJ31X jack and all of your phone are reconnected to the Telco line, just as they were before you started into home automation phone control.

Here is a web page that does a great job explaining how this jack works and how to wire it to a panel, in our case with a HS modem we would connect the RED GREEN wires to Line IN on the modem and the YELLOW BLACK to the line OUT on the modem.

http://www.systemswebstore.com/faqfi...connection.htm

Trouble with your phones unplug the jack, there all back to normal till problem is fixed.

Hope this helps some one ,,,

Comment

Working...
          X