Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is interested: Rs232 port RFXCOM compatible transceiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realized my settings on the board did not allow for emails. That is now corrected. Registered users, SHOULD be able to email me now.

Comment

All of the transceivers that I have agreed to make so far will be completed during this next and following week (4 of them).

If you want one of these, the timeline is now mid June for the next round of them that I will make ready (as I am doing this in my spare time only).

If interested, then please email me through the board, so you can be next in line.

I will post some pictures of the ones that I am sending out this coming week, as they are nicer that my original photos of my own prototype that I use for my own house. These ones reproduce the two LED's on the original transceiver, for full visual feedback of the transceiver operating. I am also bundling both a USB to 2.1mm power cable, AND a 5volt wall adapter since having harmonized the power supply circuit that is included. In this way, one does not have to make a choice, but rather has flexibility in using it.

If someone prefers a 12v power supply to be included, rather than a 5v one (for example so that multiple other devices can also run on it to cut down on power supply clutter), then I can offer it instead of the 5v included power supply, but they cost 10 dollars extra (provided 4 amps though, so they could potentially run a lot). This works just as well with the transceiver, because the new power circuit I am using allows from 5 to 30 volts input, no problem!

Comment

First one is going together now...

All panel ends soldered and shrink wrapped.
        All dupont connector ends crimped and soldered inside.

Off to get some epoxy to secure the modified board soldered tap points...
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking great! I'm looking forward to receiving mine. Don't remember if I told you in my email, I'd like the 12V supply.

Now I need to go buy some sensors! First up will be a remote thermometer for my smoker.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Who is interested: Rs232 port RFXCOM compatible transceiver?

Reidfo, yours and another will get cased up this coming weekend and early next week. The various board preparations and those connector pigtails are all made already, but they need to be assembled in the cases, and final checkouts done. l got bogged down this week with my real work and home responsibilities, and now I am on a 2 day road trip. I only managed to finalize that first one, and brought it along with me to mail tomorrow since I never made it by the post office, but you are up next.
            Last edited by Automated; May 29, 2014, 12:04 AM. Reason: error in text

Comment

Thanks a lot, and no rush. I appreciate all your effort!
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                Thanks a lot, and no rush. I appreciate all your effort!
                I made a final test of yours before assembling, and the epoxy on the main board modifications is now drying. I check all the surface mount solder points under magnification to make sure they are complete, but the epoxy makes sure nothing ever weakens or gets yanked off, either from my own assembly or if you someday open it up for a look around. I will start mounting it all in a case tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

This one is ready to ship..slightly optimized plug order.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice job!
                    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

and that was mine in the picture above! Very impressive, Automated, thank you. Everything was packed in excellent condition, with all the choices for powering this transceiver that anyone could need. Using the RFXCOM plug-in, I was online with my temp / humid remote sensor in no time. Worked just great! I was going to get a receiver anyway, but it made sense to go ahead and future proof myself by getting the transmitter option at the same time. I have plenty of serial ports so this device fit right in. I highly recommend this serial transceiver from Automated!
                      All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Thanks Olbrit! Enjoy it.

I am sending out the last one ordered so far this week. I still have some if anyone else is interested now, or finds this thread later; I can be contacted via email through the board.

Comment

Here is one in a G106 case.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Now that all of the initial requests for these are out, and at the same time I am starting both new home and real job work projects, I will not have much time for making these, so I must increase the price (see first post). I will hold on to a few boards, and then a couple of others I will probably eBay off unmodified at this point. Thanks to all who jumped on the initial offer. It was fun to make these, but indeed they took more time than even I had estimated. I hope everyone enjoys them. Cheers!

Comment

I'll Take One...

Comment

Hi MStan. Please contact me through the email option on the board here. It will send me an email and we can work out details.

Comment

Working...
                                X